New job Workforce Development and Engagement Specialist in Texas
Workforce Development and Engagement Specialist
Company : City of Dallas, TX
Salary : $24.14 - $34.96 an hour
Location : Texas
The person in this role helps keep all parts of employee training and engagement programs organized and running according to plan. High level job summary includes:
- Manage activities and programs related to measuring, tracking and implementing employee engagement assessments and analysis.
- Strategically aligning training and engagement activities with departmental business and employee development objectives
- Design and present training at all levels of the department
- Prepares, develops, manages, coordinates, conducts and assesses training programs.
- Communicates with management to identify areas that need training and suggest the best training for the areas.
- Document, track, and evaluate training activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department’s mangers are holding employees accountable for required training.
- Develop training handbooks and manuals and implement various training methods such as Parks New Employee Orientation, workshops, conferences, meetings and demonstrations.
The person in this role performs organizational and management tasks that support the efforts of a variety of projects, campaigns or events. One of the core responsibilities is to make sure all employees are aware of and have access to available training and development activities and requirements in line with the organization’s goals. Other common duties and responsibilities include:
- Create strategy and performance measures related to employee engagement assessments, analysis and supporting activities.
- Map and lead employee engagement programs at every level in the department.
- Analyze trends and propose programs or activities to help mitigate impact to operational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- Map out training plans for teams and individuals.
- Manage, design, develop and coordinate training programs (outsourced and/or in-house).
- On-the-job coaching, mentorship programs and e-Learning.
- Select appropriate training methods or activities (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes).
- Market and promote available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions/e-Learning.
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Use known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
- Design and present training at all levels of the department
- Facilitate procurement of educational aids and materials.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each educational session
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design
- Provide proactive feedback to department leaders regarding engagement and developmental needs.
- Manage and maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment
- Research and recommend new training methods, like gamification
- Manage and maintain an online library of training resources
- Attend seminars and meetings to learn new training methods and techniques and use the knowledge to prepare and coordinate future training sessions.
- The position requires several of both hard and soft skills.
- The person in this role will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, proven interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities/projects and strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and the operation of media equipment, such as projectors, digital players, personal computer and presentation aides.
- This position requires strong public speaking and presentation abilities to effectively teach and guide a variety of training topics, ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- The person must be subject matter expert in the topics they teach to correctly answer questions and ensure proper transfer of knowledge.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of management, city officials, vendors, other government agencies, other employees and the general public. Ability to make good sound professional judgment decisions and act accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education, human resources, business management, communications or related
- English/Spanish bilingual skills are a plus.
- May be required to be certified, registered or licensed a specialty area.
- The nature of this position requires the utmost confidentiality and respect for sensitive employee data. It is necessary to create a culture of trust and confidentiality in our division unit by upholding the values that engender professional integrity.
- The work environment may require that you make accommodations to your voice pitch, tone or inflections to reduce the projection of sounds during confidential conversations that may carry outside of your work area.
- Sharing with colleagues or casual dialogue about HR related issues outside of the HR team is prohibited.
- While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to carry, lift or move items.
- The nature of this position may require that work is conducted in the evening, after hours and/or on weekends on occasion. Flexibility is essential.
- The nature of this position requires that occasional travel to field sites is necessary to conduct trainings, onsite staff development or other HR related duties.