New job Truck Driver Birmingham in Alabama
Truck Driver Birmingham
Company : CRH
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alabama
Job ID: 291260
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of CRH’s South Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a skilled position requiring at least one year of related experience. This individual will need to be able to operate effeciently an end dump and or belly dump (with and witthoutouosm trainers, and tamping systems). Driver will deliver all types of soils, aggregates and other materials to locations both residential and commercial. This position requires the ability to make pre and post trip inspections, oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the Truck, and lift/move transported materials as needed.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of end dumps and/or belly dumps (with and without pups) and related equipment to be operated.
- Can operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must keep time and material records.
- Must follow verbal and written instruction.
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates.
- Must have maneuvering and backing skills with double and triple pup.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on the radio system.
- Connect and disconnect pup trailer.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 30 lbs and be able to climb, sit/drive, shift gears, cover/uncover loads, change wheels, adjust lugs, use hand tools such as wrenches/screwdrivers
- Driver will be responsible for loading and unloading large quantities of water for compaction and/or dust control.
- The driver is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and be a team player.
- The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may be supplemented
What CRH Americas Offers You
A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.