New job TAP Career Counselor in Kansas
TAP Career Counselor
Company : Inverness Technologies Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
The TAP Career Counselor is the TAP Center's principal provider of services to transitioning
Service Members and their Family Members. The TAP Career Counselor serves as an
advisor/counselor to assist with navigating the VOW/CRS mandates to become Career Ready and to track
progress of transitioner in TAPXXI. The Career Counselor complies with the instructions of the Contract
Installation Manager (CIM) to perform tasks. The specific duties of the TAP Career Counselor
include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Pre-Separation Briefings, Transition Overview Courses, MOS Crosswalk Courses and Preseparation counseling.
- Assist clients as needed in preparing Individual Transition Plans (ITPs) and monitoring progress by notifying/encouraging completion of products (resume, gap analysis, etc.)
- Provide Initial Transition Counseling.
- Insure all separating military personnel complete a form DD-2648/DD-2648-1 for Reserve Component, Pre-separation Counseling Checklist; and, complete a CAPSTONE event to receive DD-2958 and meet VOW/CRS requirements for Career Readiness.
- Refer separating personnel to both on-post and off-post service providers.
- Conduct and/or offer additive workshops that increase knowledge on skills learned during the
- Department of Labor Employment workshop via JKO and Virtual means.
- Provide instruction to clients on automated tools to include: TAPXXI and resume writer
- Assist clients in translating their military skills and training into language that will be clearly understood and appreciated by private sector employers.
- Facilitate the client's transition from the military environment to the civilian environment
- Assist CIM with delivering Commanders reports and notifying clients of eligibility to begin services while also notifying clients of missed requirements for VOW/CRS
- Other duties: complete all mandatory Government training; safeguard PII; file records according to ARIMS; upload information into iPERMS (after training received from Govt); participate in sustainment training events as offered
- Participate in marketing activities and employment events as directed by the CIM
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master's degree in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and
minimum 2 years career counseling, education, or related experience. Other qualifications include the
ability to accomplish the following: support transitioning military personnel, Army Civilians, and Family
Members with separation briefings, conduct training to support VOW/CRS, resume critiques, interview
support, etc.; learn and use TAP XXI system to assist clients; track client progress and; assist with job
fairs, employer days, and classroom events. Experience with software packages such as MS Word, Excel