New job Success Coach in Maryland
Company : University of Maryland Global Campus
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maryland
Office of Student Affairs
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
Location: Remote or Largo, MD
Assessment will be required (sent via email)
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Student Success Coach in the Office of Student Affairs. The Success Coach will provide concierge level support to an assigned population of students from the point of enrollment through graduation through inbound and outbound calls, texts and emails to students to ensure they are on a path to successfully matriculate to their desired credential. Success Coaches spend most of their day on the phone. A successful candidate will use strong critical-thinking skills to help a diverse population of adult learners overcome a myriad of obstacles to fulfill their educational objectives. Successful candidates enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment that relies heavily on technology, demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with new and returning students.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage and coach assigned students from the point of first class start to program completion through proactive service and outreach.
- Possess thorough understanding of UMGC product knowledge, policies, procedures, systems to effectively and accurately guide students.
- Be highly visible and dynamic through a high volume of interactions with our adult students by phone, video conferencing, text, and email on a regular and consistent basis.
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all student interactions, information, and progression through the Customer Relations Management system.
- Act as a liaison for students by assisting with all administrative processes to include registration, degree planning, payment options, and act as a liaison between students and other University departments.
- Provide students with available tools and resources by anticipating needs through consultative conversations.
- Provide comprehensive responses to student questions regarding transfer credit, transcripts, document tracking and other records being sent to the university.
- Contribute to individual, team, and unit goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to ensure new and returning student growth targets are met.
- Maintain productivity of 80% or higher, meet speed to response goals and demonstrate high quality customer service throughout all student interactions.
- Maintain departmental Service Level Agreements in line with management expectation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with applicants by establishing rapport and trust, educating them on UMGC programs and services, admissions requirements and preparing them for academic success.
- Guide new students through the registration process by engaging in a consultative dialogue based on student needs, motivations, career and educational goals; presenting information in a professional, articulate, and confident manner resulting in enrollment and first term success at UMGC.
- Inspire, coach and advise assigned population of students on their program, online learning environment, administrative and registration processes, and potential life issues such as time management, academic challenges and study skills through graduation.
- Assist in new student on-boarding to include online orientation as well as conducting Welcome Calls.
- Be knowledgeable of UMGC services to include hybrid classes and testing services at military and civilian sites where relevant.
- Monitor and outreach to students based on attendance, intervene early with at-risk students and assist students through the satisfactory academic progress process throughout their UMGC program.
- Maintain a mastery of advising content knowledge for all university programs.
- Participate in recruitment activities and student retention initiatives including attending virtual and/or onsite open house events, information sessions, webinars, and other events as requested to offer guidance to new and returning students.
- Provide options to students regarding all payment options, the full range of active duty and veterans educational benefits, process, and requirements via phone, text and email conversations.
- Guide students through the steps of the financial aid process.
- Guide students through the military and veterans benefit process from the point of application through graduation.
- Guide students through online payment processing system as needed.
- Communicate directly with students to resolve current balances using a high level of customer service and problem-solving skills to prevent interruption to their program.
- Maintain knowledge of federal and institutional policies and regulations pertaining to Federal Title IV, tuition assistance, payment plans, and billing system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employees that live within 50 miles of UMGC are required to work university commencement.
- Employees are required to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Employees may be required to work certain holiday hours based on business need.
REQUIREMENTS FOR 100% REMOTE ROLE:
- Home worksite furniture and equipment shall be provided by the successful hire.
- UMGC will provide necessary office supplies, a laptop, monitor, and headset.
- Network communication to non-public UMGC online information technology services and data shall be made only through the use of the UMGC Virtual Private Network (VPN) to ensure data is transmitted through encrypted channels and proper authentication.
- All computing equipment that is used, whether purchased by UMGC or the individual, must be connected to broadband internet through an Ethernet connection.
- All computing equipment that is used must be connected to broadband internet with upload and download speeds of at least 25MBPS. You must also hardwire your laptop to the router through an ethernet connection.
- Candidates may not perform personal business during scheduled work hours with the exception of non-work time, such as scheduled breaks.
- Candidates are required to make and maintain alternative childcare or other dependent care arrangements to permit concentration on work assignments during their scheduled work shift.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- One (1) year of relevant work experience providing outstanding customer service with heavy inbound/outbound phone volume
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service and time management skills, high learning agility, creative problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communications, and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- An assessment will be sent via email upon applying, this must be done for the application to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in any of the following areas: online higher education admissions, advising, enrollment management, recruiting, educational or training-industry sales, consultative inside sales of a service offering, call center or high-volume, customer service environment.
- Experience leveraging CRM or call center applications and tools, such as a dialer is also preferred.
An assessment will be sent via email upon applying, this must be done for the application to be complete. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. (Candidates are able to take the assessment every 180 days. If you have taken it within 180 days the prior results will be used, please click on the assessment link in the email you receive after applying for your results to be moved to the new application.)
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.