New job Student Resource Specialist in Wisconsin
Student Resource Specialist
Company : Milwaukee Area Technical College
Salary : $28.07 an hour
Location : Wisconsin
This is an on campus, in person position.
Full-Time - up to 38.75 hours per week
8:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Under the supervision of the Director, Student Life, connects students to campus and community resources to help them overcome barriers that interfere with their academic success. Related duties include the development and maintenance of a roster of free and available resources within the District, development of a resource center of self-help research and reference materials and the maintenance of relevant documentation and records as required. Work is generally varied using established procedures requiring judgment and the making of decisions. Day to day supervision is general in nature with work performed within established objectives, planning and arranging of work requires the use of a variety of procedures. Unusual situations or problems are referred to the supervisor for advice.
- Performs initial interviewing and screening of students in need of resources.
- Advises students of the requirements, options and procedures regarding resources, refers cases out as appropriate: coordinates with MATC counselors and advisors as required.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with campus and community organizations, creates and updates roster of all available resources for students use.
- Plans, develops and implements a resources center of self-help research and reference materials for students use; maintains resource center as necessary
- Coordinates and conducts various multi-campus Student Resource Fairs throughout the academic year.
- Maintains confidential files, reference and resources materials, prepares reports as requested.
- Participates in in-service training, workshops and other educational activities as required or assigned.
- Provides support for students experiencing family, personal, or economic crises, which may impact school performance. Helps students access needed counseling services, support networks, community health, or housing services.
- Develops, facilitates, and delivers classroom instruction on various topics such as time management, study strategies, goal setting, learning styles, career planning, and communication skills.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
- Associate degree in Education, Behavioral Sciences, Business, or Marketing Education
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- With Associate: Three (3) years of experience.
- With Bachelors: One (1) year of experience.
- Occupational experience in the area of recruitment (student or employment) or direct sales and marketing
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Customer focus
- Action Oriented
- Values differences
- General knowledge of standard Business practices.
- Knowledge and experience working with students in a secondary educational environment.
- Ability to related effectively to students from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Working knowledge communities of color, community-based organizations, and agencies and the services they provide at the local, state and federal level.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Ability to make presentations and conduct workshops.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MATC staff, faculty, students, representatives from outside agencies, business community and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to access and disseminate information using computers and office technologies.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, & Power Point.
- Knowledge of campus and community resources available to students
- Ability to do research and organize information
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze information, draw conclusions therefrom, devise solutions and make recommendations.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, public and private agencies and the general public.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs, carry, and push up to 20 lbs. and ability to pull up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and maintain balance
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, hear and speak
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: 75% of time spent sitting, 20% of time standing, and 5% of time walking.
- MATC offers a choice between two medical insurance plans and upon selection the coverage begins the first of the month following start date. See below for plan types:
- Low Deductible PPO
- High Deductible PPO
- MATC contributes a generous percentage towards medical insurance premium.
- All medical plans include Prescription Drug and Vision benefits at no additional costs to employees.
- MATC offers a traditional group dental plan through Delta Dental, upon selection the dental insurance plan coverage begins the first of the month following start date.
- Annual maximum per covered person is $2,500; plan covers preventive, routine, restoration, and orthodontics for dependents up to age 19.
Group Life Insurance
- MATC offers group life insurance benefits through Symetra Insurance after six months of employment and is fully paid for by the College. The amount of insurance is based upon annual earnings rounded to the higher $1,000.00. The benefit is doubled in the event of accidental death. Supplemental Life Insurance is also available at group rates for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
Long Term Disability
- MATC offers long-term disability insurance through Madison National Life Company after 30 days of employment and is fully paid for by the College. Benefits provided are equal to 66 2/3% of base monthly earnings.
- Regular full-time employees of MATC who are hired for greater than 12 months become members of the Wisconsin Retirement System as of day one of employment. The College currently pays the full cost of the employer contribution (6.55%), and the employee pays the full part of the employee contribution of 6.55% of salary. There is a five year vesting period requirement in order to qualify for any employer contributions made on the employee's behalf.
Sick Leave Benefits
- MATC offers its employees a generous sick leave plan per calendar year. Each employee may accumulate up to 150 hours of full sick leave with an unlimited accumulation of half days.
- MATC offers a vacation policy to employees for the purpose of rest and relaxation. Vacation is earned at a generous rate each year of employment. (Not available for Instructors)
- MATC offers paid holidays based on position.
Tuition Reimbursement and Waiver
- Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement and waiver after completing probationary period.
- Amount allowed per fiscal year is 12 credits at MATC of $1,400 at other accredited institutions.