New job "REMOTE WORK FROM HOME" Patient Acnt Rep 2 - RM in Kentucky
"REMOTE WORK FROM HOME" Patient Acnt Rep 2 - RM
Company : Firstsource Healthcare
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Patient Account Representative-II
Full Time WORK FROM HOME
8:00AM – 8:00PM (8 Hours Per Day)
The Patient Account Representative-II will provide customer service to hospital patients who have questions on their accounts and assist them in settling their account balances.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle inbound calls from patients as well as make outbound calls to patients through our automated dialer.
- Assist patients with their account, which includes setting up payment arrangements; taking payments over the phone; identifying and gathering new insurance information, screening for charity, answering patients’ questions, and resolving any of the patients account issues, etc.
- Maneuver between several different software systems.
- Clerical duties, such as processing mail, light skip-tracing.
- Verify insurance and follow-up with pending insurance.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information in the account notes.
- Meet specified goals and objectives as assigned by management on a regular basis.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality of account information at all times.
- Adhere to the prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
- Assist with other projects as assigned by management.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Prefer previous experience with customer service/call center
- Prefer 1 – 3 years’ experience with medical coding, medical billing, eligibility (hospital or government) or other pertinent medical experience
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with coworkers, patients, and outside agencies
- Ability to present oneself in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Ability to stay on task with little or no management supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in fulfilling job responsibilities
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
- Reliability of task completion and follow-up.
- Proficient PC knowledge and the ability to type 30-40 wpm.
- Call Center environment.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Work Locations: Louisville-Provider
Organization: Healthcare Provider - Onshore Operations
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2021, 7:47:45 AM