New job Registrar in Texas
Company : Baylor University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Texas
What We Are Looking For
The Registrar provides effective, innovative leadership of office services and systems related to academic records, course inventory, course catalogs, class scheduling, enrollment certification, student registration, and degree clearance. This position collaborates with academic units and administrative offices in the strategic planning and implementation of initiatives and systems to achieve greater efficiency, increased student academic success and closer alignment with institutional priorities.
Required: Master’s degree plus five years progressively responsible supervisory experience in a comprehensive Registrar’s office.
Preferred: Seven plus years relevant experience including at least two years of demonstrated successful leadership at the Registrar (or similar title) level.
What You Will Do
- Ensure that the University complies with all federal and state requirements for records and reporting as well as all requirements related to SACSCOC accreditation and VA, NCAA, and FERPA regulations.
- Provide vision, innovative leadership, and accountability for the management of all records, services and systems maintained by the Registrar’s Office. Establish a Registrar’s Office that reflects the best industry practices in records management and the effective use of technology. Manage staff to provide excellent service, efficient use of resources, and ongoing growth and professional development.
- As the campus steward of student academic records, ensure the integrity, security, and maintenance of student data when collecting, recording and reporting within FERPA guidelines and in accordance with the university’s retention policy. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, grade processing, registration, class scheduling, transcript and verification production, athletic eligibility, VA services, degree clearance, course inventory management, transfer credit evaluation, policy consultation, and specific graduation responsibilities in alignment with best practices as established by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- Effectively and efficiently manage classroom resources throughout campus.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with Deans’ Offices, Department Chairs, and Provost Office on policy determination, procedure changes, course transfer credit, articulation agreements and registration procedures; assist with preparations and operation of commencement exercises. Collaborate closely with other student service and administrative offices including, but not limited to, Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Financial Accounts, Information Technology Services, Institutional Research and Internal Audit.
- Responsible for supporting the academic-related administrative functions as deemed appropriate by the Provost; work with faculty and administrators to align academic policies and services with the strategic mission of the university.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate . Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Degree Level : Master