New job Recycling Coordinator in Missouri
Company : Jefferson County Government
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Missouri
This job will be 14-20 hours per week and is funded through a grant through June 2023. The shifts will vary and will include weekends.
The Recycling Coordinator – Code Enforcement Officer plans and coordinates activities of Recycling Program to ensure that established goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with prescribed priorities, time limitations, and funding conditions; advises, makes recommendations, and assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; and exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities. Also, under general direction of the division manager, an individual in this position will investigate, evaluate and document violations of the county solid waste ordinance and public nuisance ordinance. This is a grant funded position.
- Two or more years of education or experience in code enforcement, recycling, teaching or municipal/county work or any closely related combination.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Solid Waste and Public Nuisance Ordinances.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of other County ordinances.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of recycling concepts and principals.
- Principles and practices of business administration, including program budgeting, general accounting, fiscal management practices, personnel practices, and employment laws.
- Functions and processes of carrying out programs.
- Content and format of reports, records and correspondence.
- Skill in working productively with public officials, local agency administrators, division staff members and the general public.
- Ability to work tactfully with individuals and groups and to coordinate the work of community organizations.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret a variety of rules, regulations, and procedures contained in federal and state legislation and agency manuals.
- Ability to traverse undeveloped and sometimes rural property in all weather conditions.
- Ability to represent county in a professional manner.
- Ability to read, evaluate and apply county, to possible violations of ordinance.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with numerous constituents.
- Ability to obtain and retain Missouri Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to take directions, both written and oral.
- Ability to use all available documentation methods to pursue alleged violations of the county solid waste and zoning ordinance.
- Ability to apply interpersonal skills with other employees and the public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft computer programs and county programs, such as GIS.
Please complete the online application found at www.jeffcomo.org by 11:59 pm June 24, 2021. Resumes are accepted as supplemental information only and will not be used as a substitute for the application, you must complete the application in full.