New job QA Technician in Alaska
Company : OBI Seafoods
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alaska
Assistant QA Manager
Monitor the processing of Salmon, Halibut and Black Cod to ensure all quality specifications are met. Position reports to the QA Manager. Must be able to work 7 days a week, 16 hours a day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery. Hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
- Conducts standardized tests on products and materials to ensure compliance with internal standards, customer specifications and international, federal, and state regulations.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with HACCP standards and company policies and procedures.
- Records test data such as weights, temperatures, moisture content, qualities and quantities inspected or graded.
- Applies proper acceptance/rejection criteria and marks items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Audits production facility and reviews employee behavior for proper sanitation.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to production and QA management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance activities to production.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company, government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining Food Safety and Quality Systems as assigned.
- Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preference for experience in the fish processing industry.
- Preference for experience in frozen food manufacturing environment.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Must have a hands-on work ethic.
- Pay rate depends on experience. This is an hourly position that is eligible for overtime pay. In Alaska, overtime is one and one-half times the regular hourly rate and is paid for hours worked over 8 hours in a day and after 40 hours are worked in a week.
- Room and Board Included.
- Excellent benefits available, including medical, dental, prescription, vision plans, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand, sit at a desk, walking around office and plant, lifting, and carrying packages up to 50 pounds, utilizing fine dexterity. Requires reaching, kneeling, crawling, and twisting to inspect equipment. Also requires the ability to see, Hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by OBI Seafoods, will be provided.
- Position will be exposed to different levels of stress and responsibilities.
- Will demonstrate, promote, and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as assigned.
OBI Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer and provides for the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of women, handicapped persons, Disabled, Veterans, and members of all ethnic minority groups in all areas of work.
?OBI Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/VETS/DISABILITY