New job Project Mgr I in Pennsylvania
Project Mgr I
Company : Windstream Communications
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Pennsylvania
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
About the Role:
As a Project Manager in Engineering and Construction you are responsible for ensuring projects stay on time, on budget, and within scope by directing, monitoring and managing all engineering and construction work orders.
You will work closely with the project team as well as internal and external resources to oversee all aspects of the construction process from engineering to project completion. This includes project planning, distributing resources, time management, risk management, creating benchmarks, managing the budget, managing staff, and managing relationships with key stakeholders. This role also ensures timelines are met for all commitments such as service dates, government dates, forecast dates and closing objectives and conducts audits of construction work to ensure quality and accuracy.
What You’ll Do:
- Resolve construction issues and ensure all necessary permits/easements are obtained and filed prior to construction. These permits can include private, federal, state, local, railroad, Corp of Engineers, levee district, and more.
- Coordinate construction of facilities with other utilities and governmental agencies.
- Act as point of contact for construction questions/issues from other Windstream departments, utilities, governmental agencies and from the public.
- Verify that the construction crews comply with all regulations and guidelines for OSHA, NESC, RUS, FHA, EPA and Windstream practices.
- Work closely with analysts to ensure jobs are completed within scope, timelines are met and Jobtrac is up to date.
- Verify information for CAD posting.
- Fill out a change order forms as needed.
Do You Have?
- Self-motivated ability to effectively prioritize, manage, and complete work assignments in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to summarize and present detailed information to technical and non-technical audiences, both individually and in a group setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify errors and root cause and determine how best to correct them.
- Team-oriented and experienced at working in a collaborative environment. Willing to consider the opinions of others and to think outside the box.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and a willingness to embrace change with a positive attitude.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel.
- College degree and 3-5 years professional level experience or 7 years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- College degree and 4-6 years professional level experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or 8 years professional level related experience with 1-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.
- Working knowledge of construction and engineering within the Telecom industry a plus
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.