New job Private Owner Grounds Technician in Tennessee
Private Owner Grounds Technician
Company : Blackberry
Salary : $14 - $16 an hour
Location : Tennessee
The Grounds Technician is responsible for the grooming, maintenance, and general upkeep of all contracted Private Owner Homes and common areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain property to the desired standards expressed by the company goals and Owner expectations
- Perform maintenance and construction of landscape areas, hardscapes, and turf areas.
- Maintain all plant material using professional horticulture practices
- Frequently inspect irrigation systems for damage or leaks
- Preform pre- and post-emergent herbicide applications for weed control in landscape beds and turf areas.
- Cleaning of fireplaces and distributing firewood
- Foster a good relationship with Hotel Grounds and Maintenance teams
- Ensure all scheduled scope of work tasks are done in a timely fashion
- Ability to organize and multitask
- Knowledge of common landscape practices
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance is required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-year degree or 3 years commercial landscape experience
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety equipment standards
- Ability to communicate clearly with management and employees to accomplish operational goals
- Ability and confidence to interact with Blackberry Farm guests and Owners
- General Mathematics
- Ability to properly calculate pesticide and fertilizer application rates
- Ability to properly calculate sod and mulch application
- Ability to understand and manage budget parameters
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the details required to preserve Blackberry's five-star appearance
- Ability to adapt and overcome during stressful situations
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to walk several miles of mountainous hiking trails
- Ability to operate standard Landscaping equipment (weed trimmers, mowers, chainsaws, etc.)
- Flexible and consistent schedule
- Outside work environment consisting of all weather conditions and various temperatures
- 4,200 acres of the Blackberry Farm property
Blackberry Farm and Blackberry Mountain are joined together with our core belief that our teams are at the heart of all we do. At Blackberry, we see ourselves as family, focused on our 18 foundations uniting us in our mission to support Legendary Hospitality, Memorable Experiences, and Generational Sustainability.
Blackberry Farm provides a world-class hospitality experience for our guests. Our attention to every detail, impeccable service, unique activity offerings, and outstanding cuisine has helped Blackberry Farm earn its pedigree as one of the most celebrated small luxury resorts in the world.
- James Beard Award Winner- Outstanding Service
- James Beard Award Winner- Best Wine Program
- Travel & Leisure Magazine- #1 Resort in North America
- Andrew Harper- #1 Food and Wine Resort
- Travel & Leisure Magazine- #1 Service in North America
- 4,200 Acre Working Farm setting the standard for Farm to Table Cuisine
For immediate application and interview, please feel free to stop by our Staffing and Support Office located at 108 W. Church Ave. Maryville, TN 37801 between the hours of 9am and 4pm, Monday- Friday. Please bring your resume or your employment history.
Blackberry Farm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.