New job Private Banker in New York
Company : Sterling National Bank
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New York
This role will play an integral part in the achievement of sales and service goals for the financial center. You will take a lead role in creating an extraordinary client experience and will be responsible for helping the Financial Centers you are assigned to achieve their sales objectives. You will be responsible for contributing to the team's growth and profitability with extensive focus placed on managing/growing a Private Banking book of business, business development and client cross sell activities for the team.
- Achieve growth targets for your assigned book of business across the following categories: deposits and wealth revenue.
- Act as single point of contact for a select group of affluent clients using the "CURES" discovery process. Develop and maintain a Private Banking book of business through an extensive network of business contacts; manage relationships with affluent clients, prospects and introduction sources; utilize client calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities, as well as sales achievement through CRM and sales tracking systems; generate revenue from these relationships. Utilize lead calling lists and track individual and Financial Center activities and sales achievement on Sterling's CRM tool. Support Business and Private Banking in growing, retaining and deepening client relationships. Build client relationships utilizing methods outlined in our playbooks; responsible for relationship review, problem resolution, presentation of solutions and interpretation of numbers, trends and data to make effective decisions.
- Maximize team profitability by working to enhance sales skills and product knowledge in the Financial Center. Participate in outside organizations and the community in order to develop strategic partnerships and alliances; analyze current and future competitors.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and manage operational risks. Observe security policies in accessing, securing and protecting confidential and sensitive client information.
- Perform other duties or accountabilities within the Financial Center as assigned to support Business and Private Banking clients. May be required to perform as Notary, Mortgage Loan Originator, Client Service Associate. Identifying and referring mortgage CRA opportunities when appropriate.
- At least at least 6 years of financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following areas: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 (preferred) and state registration of series 63, 65 or series 66 required
- New York State Life & health licenses preferred
- Demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals
- Ability to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and extended hours. Travel may be required to alternate Financial Centers.
- Candidates with advanced degrees (Associates, Bachelors and/or Masters) preferred yet a High School Diploma or GED is required. Candidates with some combination of coursework and experience, or extensive related professional experience, are eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques, including telemarketing consulting, prospecting and networking.
- Investment sales experience strongly preferred.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, experience with outside calling.
- Demonstrated math skills with an understanding of debit and credit relationships and negotiable instruments.
- Other Attributes - flexible and agile; takes initiative and solves problems; decisive; outstanding ability to think outside-the-box and use resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue; extremely accurate and detail-oriented coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.