New job Pre-K Teacher in Connecticut
Company : East Hartford Public Schools
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
- JobID: 5566
Elementary School Teaching/Early Childhood
Hockanum Early Childhood Learning Center
2021 - 2022 School Year
Effective Date: 2021 - 2022 School Year
Salary: Per Contract
**Posting closes June 22, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.**
The following documents must be complete and current for application to be considered:
Letter of Interest
Copy of Certification
Copy of Praxis Scores
Three Current Letters of Recommendation (dated within one year of application)
Other: Letter of interest should include background information
1. Certified in subject area
2. Bachelor’s degree required.
3. Student teaching, substitute teaching, or teaching in private school.
4. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal or supervisor.
SUPERVISES: Students in class.
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
5. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
6. Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons units, and projects to communicate these objectives to the students.
7. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
8. Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
9. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
10. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
11. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
13. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
14. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
15. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance.
16. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
17. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
18. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month year. Salary and work year established by the EHEA contract.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board of Education’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Job Type: Full-time