New job Packaging Technicians - Starting Pay up to $27/hr (AM Shift) in Arizona
Packaging Technicians - Starting Pay up to $27/hr (AM Shift)
Company : SK FOOD GROUP
Salary : Up to $27 an hour ++
Location : Arizona
SK Food Group is currently seeking skilled Packaging Technicians to work in our Phoenix facility. We have openings for both first and second shift (AM & PM).
We are seeking individuals that take pride in their work and want to help us build high quality products and processes for a variety of market segments. Our products are individually assembled by Associates who have been trained in quality assurance, food safety processes and production output supported by a network of motorized conveyor systems. In this position you will oversee all aspects of the production line and support areas.
Great Compensation & Benefits!
Packaging Technician starting pay rates up to $27/hour, with the ability to increase wage with training or advancement in the SK Food Group Tier program. First shift opportunities available!
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Family and Friends Referral Bonus - $1000 potential per referral
- Paid Associate Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Access to pay before payday with DailyPay
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Dependent Scholarship Program, Educational/Tuition Assistance Programs, and More!
This role has opportunity for growth and to the ability to be part of a great team.
- Responsible for the set up and operation of the machine within accepted safety practices and the allotted time frame.
- Properly perform necessary setting adjustments.
- Properly perform film changes and ribbon changes including changeover from one dye to another.
- Ensure the products have the correct components before packing them.
- Continuously check the label, seals and date placement throughout the shift to ensure that every package label and date is correct.
- Fill out and sign all required documentation before each run.
- Monitor equipment operation to prevent unscheduled downtime.
- Communicate effectively with Production Supervisors, Production Leads and other Packaging Technicians on any situations arising during their shift.
- Responsible for the coordination of complex events within a production/manufacturing machinery.
- Start the shift in RedZone on assigned line.
- Properly assign problem codes that cause downtime.
- Understand how to send RedZone “Chats” to include photos to outline issues.
- Communicate effectively with technicians to explain any machine related problems.
- Perform mild equipment trouble shooting tasks with minimal supervision.
- Describe the wrapping process in detail.
- Perform mechanical and temperature adjustments to create ideal package.
- Differentiate between mechanical and operator problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Certificate from accredited college or technical school in Mechanical studies is preferred. Minimum of 6 months years of professional experience operating and troubleshooting with packaging and/or other mechanical machinery; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient at reading equipment operator’s manuals and diagrams.
- Good understanding and ability to practice basic troubleshooting skills.
- Must have fundamental knowledge of mathematics. geometry and metric system.
- Proficient at using hand tools.
- Must have intermediate understanding of mechanical principles.
- Able to work in a fast pace production environment.
- Able to set-up a finished-good product, all parameters on overwrap and printer efficiently.
About SK Food Group:
At SK Food Group we operate a state-of-the-art Manufacturing Facility here in Tolleson, AZ. We are situated in a 200,000+ sq. ft. production facility designed to provide the highest quality products and services. The men and women who make up the SK Food Group team are the very heart and core of our company, and would like to invite you to apply to be part of our dynamic team.
Established in 1943, the SK Food Group is a leader in the food manufacturing and wholesale food sales industry. We produce a complete line of products for many different market segments including retail, convenience stores, vending and the transportation industry. In addition, we pride ourselves on the sub-contract manufacturing and private labeling capabilities our company offers to customers throughout the United States.