New job Newtown-Person In Charge in Connecticut
Newtown-Person In Charge
Company : Whitsons Culinary Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Connecticut
This position is responsible for making and serving nutritious meals for students in a safe and healthful manner.
Subject to Change
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create fun and exciting environmnet for students and drive participation.
- Coordinates all preparation and serving of food according to menus and in correct portion sizes as mandated by yield guides.
- Delegates and performs cleaning duties, including sweeping of floors, cleaning of equipment and work areas, dishwashing and pot washing.
- Coordinates ordering and receiving of all food, beverage and paper product needed for daily service in the school.
- Prepares and submits inventory monthly
- Ensures compliance with all state, Federal, local health department requirements for safe food handling
- Complies with all client location security protocols and guidelines
- Checks and stores incoming supplies.
- Manages and follows assigned break schedules.
- Must complete all Whitsons and government required training as necessary
- Manages POS/cash handling by team members and confirms all deposits.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to:
- Sit, walk, talk and hear
- Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Be standing on feet majority of the workday in addition to walking back and forth.
- Lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work is performed primarily in the kitchen and on the serving line
- Standing most of the work day is required.
- Work requires movement in and out of store rooms, near ovens and freezers
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) due to cooking and refrigeration equipment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work and duties that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position, and Whitsons reserves the right to add additional duties or modify existing duties.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Whitsons and team member and is subject to change by Whitsons as the needs of Whitsons and requirements of the job change.
- Serv Safe Certification preferred but will train right attitude
- Able to pass stringent background check
- Able to lift 50lbs and spend most of work day on foot and moving about