New job Mill Production - Entry Level in Washington
Mill Production - Entry Level
Company : Hampton Lumber
Salary : $19.67 an hour
Location : Washington
The primary function of Entry Level Clean Up/Mill Production at the Randle Division, is to keep the facility clean in order to eliminate safety and fire hazards. The person in this position will work in the Sawmill and Planer and will be asked to perform the following tasks; general facility clean up including picking up slabs, sticks, sawdust, chips off lower mill floors, and assist with dust mitigation. Work schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, Relief Shift (3:00 AM to 11:30 AM, flexible as needed). Wage starts at $19.67 per hour plus shift differential. ($40,914 per year before any overtime, shift differential, and production bonuses). Production Bonuses are possible for every employee each month, based on the plant site's target goals.
Entry Level is just the first step towards a long list of exciting and diverse job opportunities available at Hampton. As you are trained on different mill production jobs in each department to assist with breaks, you will gain the job experience to be able to apply internally when advanced positions with increased wages become available. Hampton also maintains a state-accredited Apprenticeship program, where employees can receive advanced training to develop the skills needed to receive Journeyman status in skilled trade positions such as Millwright or Electrician, with all the required classes paid for by the company.Benefits Highlights:
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures
- General facility clean up including picking up slabs, sticks, sawdust, chips, and other wood debris off lower mill floors
- Assist with blow down and dust mitigation
- Apply good housekeeping standards to your work area or any area you observe
- Completion of high-school or equivalent preferred but not required
- Sawmill experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to safely work at a moderate to fast pace
- Lifting is 20-30 pounds on a continuous basis
- Must be willing to learn new skills
- Be a team player and self-starter
Learn more at hamptonlumber.com, or follow us on Facebook: @HamptonLumber. You can also learn about our company and our priorities by visiting our blog.
Disability accommodation available: If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office for the location you are applying.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please see these government posters: EEO is the Law and its accompanying temporary supplement.