New job Marine Tradesmen-Entry Level in Florida
Marine Tradesmen-Entry Level
Company : Serco North America
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Florida
As the, Mechanical Assembler II, you will work on a team supporting cabling, equipment, and C5ISR system installations. You will join, fabricate, and assemble various electromechanical and electronic assemblies by applying appropriate safety techniques and the work is performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and military installations. Home of Record is in Jacksonville, Florida.
You will play a critical role in ensuring that successful and safe work is performed onboard U.S. Naval Ships and our Military installations which is vital to our Mission to protect and serve our Military.
As the, Mechanical Assembler II, you will perform the following typical tasks:
Responsible for fabrication and assembly of various electromechanical and electronic assemblies.
- Follow blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams to complete tasks.
- May perform duties as a fire watch and welder`s helper as well as assembling large scale and intricate mechanical assemblies.
- Receive technical guidance from supervisor or higher level technician and your work will be reviewed for compliance with accepted practices.
- Perform work with standard concepts, practices and procedures within field.
- Work under general supervision.
- Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and you will typically report to a supervisor.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
High School Diploma OR Equivalent with 2-4 years of related experience.
- Willing to work second or thirds shift as needed and more than 40 hours work weeks.
- The ability to pass a background investigation, drug screening and able to gain access to various Naval facilities and shipyards. This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens.
- Must be able to work in high heat spaces, climb shipyard dry dock stairs/ladders, work in kneeling position for layout of cable runs under false decking, lift up to 50 pounds with 80% of work requiring carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to 40 pounds for majority of shift while being in a standing, crouching, or walking position. Attention to safety critical.
- Applicant must be willing to travel to various work sites such as Virginia Beach VA, Bremerton WA, Everett WA, Pearl Harbor HI, Mayport FL, and Yokosuka Japan.
- 1 to 2 years of Experience Traveling for work
- Secret Clearance
- A valid US Passport
If you are interested in supporting and working with our team across the globe on a passionate, talented, and diverse Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Military Veterans and Spouses encouraged to apply!
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.