New job Mailroom / Phone Center Office Specialist in Arizona
Mailroom / Phone Center Office Specialist
Company : State of Arizona
Salary : $31,000 a year
Location : Arizona
The Registrar of Contractors (ROC) is a government agency within the State of Arizona. We issue construction licenses and investigate complaints submitted to the agency from home-owners. The work of the ROC is interesting and important to the economy and citizens of Arizona.
- 2100 pieces of incoming mail
- 1900 pieces of outgoing mail
- 1300 phone calls from the public
- 550 walk-in customers
The ROC has a team of 3-4 employees who route incoming calls, assist walk-in customers and process all incoming and outgoing mail. This important team supports the entire agency and is a first point of contact for our customers. We currently have one opening on the team.
This is an essential in-office position. Telework or remote work is not available.
- Answer incoming calls to the agency and transfer to the appropriate department.
- Stamp, sort, and scan incoming mail into the ROC system.
- Print and stuff outgoing mail, including time-sensitive certified mail.
- Assist customers at the front desk.
- Log checks into the accounting system to prepare for deposit.
- May redact documents for public records requests.
- Other projects or routine office tasks as needed by the ROC.
- Friendly disposition
- Comfortable working on a team and independently
- Uses mistakes as an opportunity to learn
- Proficient with standard office equipment and software
- Willing to learn and perform new tasks not previously assigned
- Preference for bilingual (Spanish), but not required
- Explain what interested you in this position.
- Tell us about a time you had to finish a task or project quickly to meet a deadline.
- Describe your technique for prioritizing work assignments when you have multiple things to complete.
- If you speak Spanish, describe your experience translating conversations.
- Please share anything else about you or your experience that you would like us to know.
The mailroom / phone center office specialist position is an entry level position with promotional opportunities throughout the agency and State. We welcome and encourage all interested applicants to apply.
The selected candidate will receive a criminal history check.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
Vacation leave and 10 paid holidays per year
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Retirement plan (ASRS)
Long-term disability insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Deferred compensation plans
The Registrar of Contractors also offers:
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
This position will participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
If you have any questions about the position, please contact the Registrar of Contractors at 602-542-1525 and ask for Human Resources.