New job Infrastructure Asset Management Analyst in Washington
Infrastructure Asset Management Analyst
Company : City of Tacoma
Salary : $90,667 - $116,210 a year
Location : Washington
Tacoma Power has a unique opportunity for an asset management professional with a background in operational data analysis and experience with SAP and visualization software like Tableau or Power BI. This position is responsible for coordinating, developing, implementing, reporting, and analyzing data for Tacoma Power’s Strategic Asset Management Program in support of the development and implementation of Asset Management Strategies and Asset Management Plans. This position is part of the centralized Strategic Asset Management group that provides overall direction and guidance for the program with an organization-wide vision, long-range planning and prioritization of efforts, and support for implementation of Power’s strategic plan; our purpose is the advancement of overall level of Asset Management maturity for Tacoma Power.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enjoys working in teams and has a background in operational data management and developing asset strategies.
You would be joining the Rates, Planning and Analysis team in Tacoma Power. Our culture values innovation, agility and collaboration. We are a collaborative team that is proud to deliver services beyond our customers’ expectations. We are looking forward to meeting you and hearing the great ideas you have to help us make a difference in the way we work and thrive at Tacoma Power.
- Facilitate teams of Subject Matter Experts in the development and implementation of Asset Strategies for Generation assets, including Asset Class Strategies for high priority assets, and Asset Site Strategies for work at Tacoma Power’s four Hydro Projects
- Construct Asset Management reporting dashboards using advanced data analysis principles and techniques, in coordination with technology staff in TPU and General Government and leveraging existing software solutions and visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Analyze and interpret complex data using advanced principles and scientific techniques in order to make recommendations for integrated information across different operating platforms, such as SAP, GIS, etc.
- Develop criteria and effective and relevant processes for asset performance tracking. Plan and manage the collection, maintenance and updating, storage and dissemination of asset data supporting asset performance metrics. Provide support and expertise to operating sections to help them change their business practices to close data gaps and implement asset management plans and strategies
- Create, design, maintain and improve analytical tools for operational data (e.g., databases and dashboards). Support development and implementation of new plans and methods for collecting data for operational decision-making using SAP, GIS and other data solutions
- Specify and validate functional and technical requirements of Information Systems needed to support and integrate asset performance reporting and metrics. Define and plan the integration of information systems and tools. Verify that asset knowledge standards are consistent with asset management strategy and plans
- Produce technical reports and write-ups based on data analysis. Train staff in the use of analytical models and tools (e.g., SAP, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- 5 years' experience in operational data management, analysis and reporting and the application of asset management principles and practices desired;
- Bachelor's degree in sciences, business, economics, accounting, finance or a related field desired or equivalent work experience, Master's degree preferred;
- Electric utility experience and knowledge of electric utility equipment preferred;
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Use data and information in a clear and rational process to assess and understand issues, evaluate options, form accurate conclusions, and make decisions. Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquire data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncover root causes to difficult problems to support evaluation of pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive written reports which require displaying and presenting statistical, graphical, and other reporting methods to audiences of varying technical sophistication.
Effectively identify, collect, organize and document data and information in ways that make the information most useful for subsequent assessment, analysis, and investigation. Compile and maintain reports, records and various other forms of pertinent information in an organized and professional manner.
Experience with SAP, Excel, Tableau and/or Power BI, and enterprise database solutions (e.g. Snowflake). Working knowledge of asset information strategic requirements, tools and techniques for data collection and reporting, and methods of data analysis. Knowledge of basic concepts and relationships of an asset register, including the role of spatial, performance, condition and historical data. Knowledge of analysis and monitoring techniques, processes and performance indicators needed to provide management reports on operations and maintenance.
Effective communication both verbal and in writing including the compilation of reports, presentations and records; interacting respectfully and sensitively with individuals and groups to develop and maintain productive relationships and achieve results. Makes excellent customer service a high priority, responding to changing customer needs, and helping customers implement complete solutions.
Conduct all assignments in a professional and timely manner, work with confidentiality and discretion. Work effectively through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics. Use a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
SELECTION PROCESS & SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
This recruitment is being managed by Alissa McLain, if you would like to be notified of similar opportunities or stay connected with things going on at Tacoma Public Utilities and the City of Tacoma, connect with me on LinkedIn.
City of Tacoma Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Tacoma's diversity is its greatest asset. Tacoma embraces its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic character. Communities of color and immigrant communities are fundamental to Tacoma's entrepreneurial spirit, workforce, and long-term success. In Tacoma, equity and empowerment are top priorities, meaning that all Tacoma residents must have equitable opportunities to reach their full potential and share in the benefits of community progress. One of our goals is for the City of Tacoma workforce to reflect the community it serves. We actively work to eliminate racial and other disparities and welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds and/or multicultural skill sets and experiences. Our goal is for Tacoma to be an inclusive and equitable place to live, work, and play.
The City of Tacoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in its workplace. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, and local laws.
Tacoma Power is an almost 100% hydroelectric, municipally-owned public power utility, located in Tacoma. We serve approximately 170,000 customers as one of the three operating divisions of Tacoma Public Utilities, alongside Tacoma Water and Tacoma Rail. As one of the most livable, walkable cities in the country, you'll find that Tacoma is a great fit for all interests with places to bike, run, hike, and explore, the perks of a big city, and the charm of a small town.
Interested individuals should apply online and attach a detailed resume and cover letter that includes job experience, major responsibilities and accomplishments related to this position.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received for interview consideration.
Reference checks will be conducted on final candidates and appointment is subject to passing a background check.
Communication from the City of Tacoma:
We primarily communicate via e-mail during the application process. E-mails from cityoftacoma.org and/or governmentjobs.com must be placed on your safe domain list to ensure that you receive notifications in a timely manner. As a precaution, you may also want to check your junk e-mail folders.
If you have any additional questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Department at 253.591.5400 before 4pm on the closing date of this posting.