New job Immigration Paralegal in New Hampshire
Company : Nixon Peabody LLP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Hampshire
Dynamic self-starter for fast paced, exciting work environment assisting the firm’s Immigration team with U.S. business immigration matters.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
The paralegal will primarily be involved with the preparation and submission of employment-based labor certification applications, immigrant visa petitions and adjustment of status applications with an emphasis on labor certification applications. He/she may also assist with the preparation and submission of nonimmigrant visa petitions. Specific responsibilities include:
- preparing labor certification documents;
- overseeing labor certification recruitment process;
- preparing documents in support of adjustment of status applications and visa petitions;
- maintaining correspondence with clients;
- collecting evidence and documentation from clients;
- conducting case audits;
- maintaining contact with government agencies;
- researching application procedures and requirements; and
- maintaining client database with respect to approval and validity dates of labor certification applications, adjustment of status applications, and visa petitions.
- other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate and appropriate job-related experience required
- 3-5 years of employment-based immigration experience
- Significant experience with PERM labor certification applications
- Experience preparing H-1B, TN, L-1, I-140, and adjustment of status petitions/applications
- Knowledge of LawLogix, a plus
- Excellent, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
Exceptional drafting, proof-reading and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimum supervision
Must be a team player while effectively and efficiently using firm resources
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19