New job Groundperson ULCS Region 112 in Louisiana
Groundperson ULCS Region 112
Company : Utility Lines Construction Services, LLC - 112
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Louisiana
We are currently seeking a Groundperson ULCS Region 112 to join our team.
- Performs all work from the ground.
- Employee will be exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stinging insects.
- Working hours will extend into night and will exceed an eight hour day.
- Clears work area around structures.
- Excavates to assist in the installation of structures or cable as required by contract specification.
- Will have contact with public and private property owners to communicate work to be performed.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by Foreperson relating to utility line work.
- Assembles material on the ground to be installed by the lineperson or apprentice.
- Will flag traffic.
- Operates various tools for the work (various manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, come a long, jack hammer and hand line etc.).
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- Will be exposed to traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, chain saws and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must have permission to work an 8 to 10 hour day.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.