New job Environmental Health Spec in Colorado
Environmental Health Spec
Company : Jefferson County Colorado
Salary : $26.86 - $40.29 an hour
Location : Colorado
CURRENT Jefferson County employees
Do NOT apply here
Apply in Workday using Find Jobs
Jefferson County Government, CO
Close Date: 07/30/21
Category: Health & Human Services
Environmental Health Operation
Are you seeking more than a paycheck ?
Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional? At JeffCo, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like YOU who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the JeffCo community. We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
If you are looking for a great opportunity for your career to take off, then this position welcomes you to work for a County that thrives on working collaboratively and overcoming challenges. We are seeking someone who has a strong work-ethic, is a self-starter, loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge and experience with those who they work with.
Are you seeking more than a paycheck on your new adventure?
If you're a solid Environmental Health professional with a strong science background and exceptional learning and communication skills, Jefferson County Public Health is currently hiring an Environmental Health Specialist for this role. This position provides you the opportunity to work for a county that thrives on working collaboratively, enriching the lives of our citizens and overcoming challenges.
We are seeking a game changer, someone that loves what they do and is motivated to share their knowledge with those that they work with. We are looking for someone who puts people first, enjoys a high intensity job, and loves to work in the field.
Please note this position offers a flexible work schedule with a possible hybrid between in the office and remote component
Hiring range: $26.86 – $27.88 hourly.
About Jefferson County Public Health:
Creating health equity, which means everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health possible is essential to public health practice. All positions within the agency are expected to contribute toward achieving health equity in Jefferson County. JCPH is committed to the diversity of its staff, as well as providing culturally responsive programs and services to play an essential role in creating comprehensive strategies needed to address health inequities, and social and environmental determinants of health. As such, JCPH welcomes and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply for positions within the agency.
Promoting and protecting health across the lifespan through prevention, education and partnerships for all people
Healthy People, Healthy Places
Respect: We approach all people with esteem, understanding, dignity and empathy.
Equity: We approach all people with fairness, impartiality and a willingness to help others.
Collaboration: We work collectively for the mutual benefit of the community through the sharing of information, responsibility, resources and ideas to achieve our mission.
Trust: We act with benevolence, integrity, transparency, reliability and competence.
Innovation: We empower our staff to develop ideas, measure processes and improve methods to achieve our vision.
- Performs compliance inspections of retail food service establishments, and other facilities which may include childcare centers, group homes, body art facilities, swimming pools, onsite waste water treatment systems , and public and private drinking water systems.
- Receives and reviews permit applications, collects fees and issues permits. Prepares and maintains inspection reports and other appropriate documents, including but not limited to memoranda, letters, presentations, and legal notices.
- Investigates complaints of health and safety violations. Conducts disease surveillance and investigations, collects biological and zoonotic samples using best practice methods.
- Provides and explains educational materials, regulations, policies, and other compliance information to contractors, permit holders, consultants, and the general public. Responds to consumer complaints, requests for information regarding regulations, procedures, and systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis in Environmental Health, Public Health, or Health sciences or a similar field.
- O ne or more years professional work experience in Environmental Health, Restaurant/Retail Food Management, Teaching, Training, or other similar work experience.
- Bilingual in both speaking and writing Spanish and/or Chinese is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of basic operations, services, and activities of an environmental safety and health awareness program.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, codes, and regulations as they pertain to environmental health or ability to learn quickly.
- Strong knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment, including office 365.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing to all education levels.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must have a valid driver's license, if you are from out of state, you must have a valid Colorado driver's license within 30 days of hire date, and you must not have any major violations, nor more than one DUI, DWI, DWAI conviction in the past three years.
- Must provide immunization record at time of interview or prove immunity to comply with departmental Communicable Disease Control Policy within 30 days of hire. To include COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal history, Motor Vehicle Record check and education verification.
- This position will require some weekends, evenings and on call shifts on occasion.
: Minimum one year
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.86 - $40.29 per hour