New job Enrollment Specialist in Washington
Company : Tacoma Public Schools
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Washington
This position is responsible for implementing the District’s enrollment processes; assists with the application, maintenance, and improvement of the District’s enrollment software application; collaborates with District staff, administrators, and outside agencies to identify and resolve technical issues and concerns with the software; ensures compliance with District, federal, and state reporting and requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains understanding of all aspects of the District’s enrollment processes and enrollment software; organizes and documents users’ needs and program functions; assists with the development of training materials and reports in order to support user and administrative needs; develops and implements training for users in the system for the purpose of accurate data and reporting.
- Participates in the planning, changes, and implementation of the enrollment software; maintains data integrity for the District, state, and federal reporting; helps design/test and audit report specifications and tracking processes; identifies procedural concerns and reports findings to the administrator for the purpose of maintaining accurate systems.
- Supports District enrollment software users; advises on features and functionality of the enrollment software; recommends specific solutions to resolve user problems; provides technical assistance to District staff and families for entering and retrieving information; collaborates with District staff and users to collect information and end user requirements; keeps users informed of system and procedural updates and revisions; updates all enrollment training documentation; provides technical assistance as needed for the purpose of resolving issues.
- Responds to enrollment software complex data and procedural questions regarding integrations, District, state, and federal reporting interpretations and compliance; recommend solutions to complex enrollment problems based on District and state regulations/guidance for the purpose of accurate District data.
- Ensures data integrity within the enrollment software by verifying functionality and data mapping; monitors user practices to identify variant procedures; researches and tests new functionality to ensure it aligns well within the District.
- Manages, per District policy and state guidelines, significant recurring District processes, such as, but not limited to, In-District Choice Enrollment, New Student Registration, Out of District Choice, Parent Initiated Transfers, requests to Homeschool and submission of state report, and boundary adjustments; as directed, manages the District’s apportionment reporting.
- Maintains user access and security for student system users; helps evaluate appropriateness of security requests.
- Monitors, and aligns per District policy and state guidelines, all enrollment related tasks and time-lines, reviews user needs and requests; assesses enrollment software scope and limitations.
- Collaborates with District administrators, District technical staff, vendors, consultants, and government agencies to identify and resolve technical application concerns; reviews and tests system components and and/or application releases with the applicable documentation for accuracy and consistency; tests software upgrades when installed; reports testing results, findings, concerns, and recommendations to administrator(s); as necessary, files cases with appropriate vendors for the purpose of system improvements.
- Serves as the District’s first line of communication with families, District staff, and other school districts for enrollment related needs, including student placement, per alignment with District policy and state guidelines.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Maintains and updates knowledge and skills required for success in the position by participating in professional development activities, as needed or assigned, to maintain and enhance technical skills.
- Maintains high level of professionalism in all communication while providing excellent customer service.
- Performs special projects and related duties as assigned, on a temporary basis.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance or physical presence is an essential job requirement and critical to the performance of the work.
Office environment; required to attend meetings at other District sites; required to work overtime as needed; experiences prolonged visual concentration and exposure to video display; experiences frequent interruptions; may be required to work with difficult and sensitive situations and/or people; may be required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds, bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk, twist, climb, and/or be mobile.
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent; Associates degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, preferred; three years of increasingly responsible experience using a student information system; experience with the District enrollment software, preferred; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
Valid Washington driver’s license with access to personal transportation.
Fingerprints and successful WSP and FBI background clearance/sexual misconduct clearance.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be evaluated by the Human Resources department for comparability.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of District, state, and federal student information reporting procedures, policies and regulations related to student enrollment.
Knowledge of student privacy regulations, laws, processes, and best practices.
Knowledge of basic data auditing concepts and procedures.
Knowledge of the enrollment concepts and functions.
Knowledge of analysis tools to perform data analysis, as needed.
Knowledge of school processes and user needs related to enrollment.
Knowledge of computer database software and proprietary system capabilities.
Skill with word processing, spreadsheets, state student enrollment, and relational databases.
Skill in obtaining, exchanging, and clarifying information.
Skill in identifying problems, effective problem solving, and recommending solutions.
Skill in providing and promoting quality customer service.
Ability to interpret, monitor, and apply federal and state regulations, and District policies.
Ability to perceive situations from a systems perspective.
Ability to apply analytics to work projects and processes.
Ability to follow test scripts and document findings.
Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
Ability to write clear, concise, and useful technical documentation.
Ability to facilitate groups, mediate differences, and build consensus.
Ability to plan, develop, and deliver training to adults.
Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
Ability to maintain accurate system records and files.
Ability to perform accurate arithmetic and statistical calculations.
Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Ability to participate as a team member.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Ability to demonstrate reasonable, reliable, and regular attendance.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic setting.