New job Driver License Field Office Supervisor in Wyoming
Driver License Field Office Supervisor
Company : State of Wyoming
Salary : $19.58 - $23.22 an hour
Location : Wyoming
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation is seeking a Driver's License Field Examiner located in Jackson/Thayne, Wyoming. The mission of Driver Services is to provide an efficient driver license and identification system to promote and enhance public safety on all roadways.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Supervises and directs work activities and training of examiners
- Hires conducts performance evaluations, counsels employees on disciplinary matters, and recommends terminations
- Makes recommendations for modifications and development of the driver supervision and training functions essential to subordinate personnel, other supervisors, and program managers
- Works with the public, law enforcement, driver exam stations, contractors, and other government employees
- Responds to questions concerning state and federal policies and procedures
- Responsible for all transactions, documents, certifications, and reports of the work unit
- Responsible for the evaluation, review, and compliance of all state and federal laws regarding recording and withdrawal of driving privileges of the work unit
- Establishes and maintains skills testing courses to meet state and federal requirements
- Responsible for the intake, handling, and deposit of all funds received at the location
- Responsible for recording, documenting, and reporting all actions to the central office
- Recommends the installation of and observes the use of special adaptive devices for the safe operation of motor vehicles by customers
- Represents the department at meetings, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Manages the office administrative functions such as inventory, statements, etc.
- Research driving records and provide documents to customers as needed
- Audits work performed in section or office
- Communicates and coordinates with other State agencies to resolve problems
Knowledge of department rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Knowledge of personnel rules
- Knowledge of medical, physical, visual, mental, and alcohol conditions as they pertain to driving
- Knowledge of the types of licenses to be issued relative to the weight of the vehicle
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Business)
0-1 year of progressive work experience (typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Driver License Field Examiner
Education & Experience Substitution:
3-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Driver License Field Examiner
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires some travel
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Applicants must pass an FBI fingerprint check
- The successful applicant will be subjected to a thorough background investigation
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities
045-Department of Transportation - Support Services - Driver Services
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.