New job Distribution Facilities Specialist (FLO) in Maine
Distribution Facilities Specialist (FLO)
Company : US Defense Logistics Agency
Salary : $59,498 - $77,346 a year
Location : Maine
See below for important information regarding this job.
- Maintain control of Ships Equipment Warehousing System (SEWS)/Material Control Tracking (MCT) processes for customer-owned material (e.g. ship in overhaul, Direct Material Inventory (DMI), shop stores, maintenance shop).
- Organize, develop plans, analyze and conduct a variety of studies and projects to resolve problems that impact the timely delivery of material to meet production needs.
- Maintain, manage and monitor intra-depot transactional material movement to and from distribution points.
- Monitor off-station re-warehousing /trans-shipments from site storage locations to the customer?s (remote) work sites.
- Monitor material movement to ensure Material Access Technology (MAT) System visibility of the physical location, and material accountability at the remote site.
- Manage the segregated storage and issue of hazardous materials using the Hazardous Material Management System (HMMS), ensuring proper utilization of Global Harmonized System (GHS) labeling.
- Monitor Depot Level Repairable (DLR) material movement into/out of maintenance and resolve mismatches between MAT/NAVSUP Weapons Systems Support (WSS) and maintenance systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
2030 Distribution Facilities and Storage Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Set Schedule; Tues-Sat; 0630-1500
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Confidential Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-Employment Physical: Required
- Licenses: Required - Civilian driver's license is required and must be able to obtain and maintain a government forklift license
QualificationsTo qualify for a Distribution Facilities Specialist (FLO), your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To qualify at the GS-09 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including time-in-grade (General Schedule (GS) positions only), time-after-competitive appointment, minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
B. Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess: To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess a master's or equivalent graduate degree or, 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or, LL. or J.D., if related.
- Use a variety of office automation software, including Material Access Technology (MAT) and Ships Equipment Warehousing System in accomplishing assigned work.
- Perform workload analysis; work directly with depot and management personnel in the development of plans concerning workload processing.
- Evaluate and monitor implementation of policy, systems and procedural changes for organizational areas assigned.
- Study automated system procedures, determine effectiveness and make recommendations as required.
C. Combination: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for grade levels GS-09, and may be computed by first determining the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining the applicant's education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify an applicant for that grade level. Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grade GS-09.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Are you using your education to qualify? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must have a civilian driver's license and government forklift license. Work is performed in both an office area and in an industrial/warehouse environment. The work involves moderate risks and discomfort and requires safety precautions. Research and reviews will require frequent visits into warehouse and maintenance areas of the depot. Maybe required to spend considerable time in outdoor spaces with exposure to various weather conditions. Employees will be required to wear safety equipment appropriate for the assigned work area, such as: safety shoes and safety devices to protect hearing and eyesight in hazardous areas. May be exposed to strong odors, fumes from paint, hazardous chemicals, dirt, grease, etc. used in industrial areas.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you will be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to: http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone. ADVISORY: By using cannabidiol (CBD) products you are risking a positive drug test result for marijuana.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Competencies:
- Conduct Studies
- Planning and Evaluating
- Physical Distribution/Transportation Operations
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stress Tolerance
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ensure that your resume does not contain any specialized characters, fonts, typefaces or formatting (e.g. tables, macros, etc.). It is also recommended that you convert/save your resume as a PDF prior to attaching to your application.
- Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
- If you are requesting a reasonable accommodation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, submit documentation to support your request, including the Reasonable Accommodation Request Form found here.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Individuals with disabilities
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
Agency means current permanent DoD employees in the commuting area. Veterans eligibilities include 30% or more Disabled Vet, Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligibles may also apply.