New job Distribution Center Associate - Pay starts at $18.30/hr in Kentucky
Distribution Center Associate - Pay starts at $18.30/hr
Company : Grainger
Salary : $18.30 an hour
Location : Kentucky
We’re hiring Distribution Center Associates across multiple shifts with both full-time and part-time positions available!
You will report directly to a DC Supervisor or Process Manager and have regular interaction with other DC Associates.
Join us at our new, state-of-the-art 1.5 million sq. ft. distribution center! 8701 Minor Lane, Louisville, KY 40219, located off the Outer Loop exit in South Louisville, KY.
- Day shift: Monday - Friday 8:30 or 9:45am start time
- Overnight shift: Sunday - Wednesday 7:00 or 8:00 pm start time
- Pay starting at $18.30/hour with three raises in 12 months bringing your pay to $19.50/hour
+ $1/hour for working overnight shift
+ $1/hour for powered industrial equipment operators
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage starts day one
- 18 paid time off days and 6 company holidays per year
- 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, and on-site amenities, including free gym and game room
- Safety shoes provided
- Safely complete inbound and/or outbound warehouse tasks, like unloading, sorting, labeling, and packing, with high quality
- Ensure products are packed and shipped correctly to exceed customers' expectations for quality and delivery speed
- Meet requirements for safety, quality, productivity, behavior, attendance, and overtime as needed
- Operate computerized scanning equipment and maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment in compliance with OSHA and Hazardous Material requirements
- Perform other tasks as directed by the leadership team
- Comfortable working on your feet with exposure to heat, cold, noise, and dust while working around moving equipment and elevated stations
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- Able to frequently lift, slide and lower packages up to 75 pounds
- Able to receive feedback and work well in a team environment
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen , background check, and physical lifting assessment
- For PIE operators: operate warehouse vehicles, material handling equipment and powered industrial equipment, including Crown, Pacer, Reach Truck, Order Picker, Barrett and Turret Truck
- Previous warehouse, retail, or customer service experience in fast-paced environments
- Great attention to detail, quality, and safety
Who We Are
Grainger exists to keep the world working. We are North America’s leading B2B distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating supplies and related services. More than five million customers across industries like commercial, government, healthcare, and manufacturing require our help keeping their teams safe and their operations running. The only piece that’s missing is you.
At Grainger, we offer flexible schedules, weekends off, and benefits beginning day one. We do what’s right and provide the support you need to learn and grow. We celebrate each other and support the communities we live in. This is the way we keep the world working.