New job Department Coordinator in New Mexico
Company : Northcentral University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Mexico
At Northcentral University (NCU), we strongly believe that our University is only as good as our team of staff, faculty and students around the world united by a commitment to excellence, innovation, diversity and accountability.
We celebrate personal and professional growth and desire to see our team members fully realize and reach their potential. When you join the Northcentral team, you will enjoy a challenging, positive and fun work environment that promotes productivity, achievement and fulfillment.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are ready to be challenged and inspired in your daily work as part of a growing, success-oriented company, then we want to hear from you!
What We Are Looking For
NCU is currently seeking a dynamic individual to become part of our Office of University Communications and Advancement team as the Department Coordinator.
- Support Director of Operations with project management, including organizing meetings, leading discussions, developing project plans, writing follow-up reports, revisiting and editing presentations and following up on action items.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Support the Director of Operations with initiatives related to Edu-Tourism opportunities for NCU students, staff, faculty and alumni
- Support back-end technology, reporting, billing, etc. related to co-curricular events and ongoing events such as Boot Camps, Pop-up Courses, etc.
- Coordinate, track and maintain project deadlines ensuring operational activities are not duplicative in nature.
- Travel as needed for University and School related activities.
- Uphold university policies and standards, ensuring university regulations are followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong time management skills; managing simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate, organize and lead projects on a School and University level.
- Strong professional presence with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to think independently and creatively to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of processes directed at meeting the needs of our stakeholders.
- Knowledge of academic and business workings of a higher education institution.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
This position operates in a remote, home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, printers, and phones.
- Good working environment with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
NCU will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Who We Are
Northcentral University (NCU) is a private, nonprofit, online University and a proud affiliate of the National University System with its headquarters in California. We are a graduate university, and a global leader in providing access to regionally-accredited higher education.
NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in technology, health sciences and marriage and family therapy. Our collective goal at Northcentral University is to improve the human condition through the provision of high-quality online degree programs.
NCU was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with access to a richly- engaging, professionally-relevant, and academically-rigorous educational programs. Today, we continue to serve that mission. Many students at NCU are first-generation graduate students seeking to contribute to their communities through their pursuit of academic growth, research, and practice.
Though we support faculty and student research, NCU is a teaching university. Our faculty dedicate themselves to serving students through a pedagogical model of Teaching through Engagement (TTE). The goal is for all NCU students, faculty and team members to be actively engaged within the University community. Engagement is more than just grading and giving feedback, it is an active relationship between faculty and student, a give and take of ideas and information.
NCU offers a one-to-one learning model, where one student is paired with one professor in each course, creating a more personalized, individual experience for students. These experiences are enhanced by professors’ real-world, practical experience. All NCU faculty hold doctoral degrees.
At NCU, we are widening access to education and reducing educational divides. We are proud of the educational opportunities that we provide, and we recognize that providing this kind of access to all students takes work and collaborative effort. We value diversity of people, thoughts, and ideas. Our global reach affords us the opportunity to teach and learn the significance of diversity – and the power it brings to our endeavors.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity to join a growing team of passionate individuals.