New job Customer Service Assistant 1 - 20014071 in Ohio
Customer Service Assistant 1 - 20014071
Company : State of Ohio Jobs
Salary : $18.84 an hour
Location : Ohio
Customer Service Assistant 1 - 20014071(2100049U)
Advancing the health and well-being of all Ohioans.
* * * * *
The Ohio Department of Health’s Children with Medical Handicaps is seeking one (1) candidate to fill our Customer Service Assistant 1 role.
* * * * *
- Works independently to answer inquiries and requests received by incoming telephone calls/fax requests (e.g., eligibility requirements & coverage procedures for requesting services) from clients, staff and the general public for the Children with Medical Handicaps (CMH) section in the Bureau of Maternal, Child and Family Health (BMCFH).
- Answers questions regarding case services and claim status. Returns calls to others (e.g., parents, providers, Public Health Nurses, Field Nurse Consultants).
- Using a State computer, researches and identifies problems of case services using the bureau Case Management Application Computer System (CMACS), telephone and/or paper files.
- Individually process daily letters generated by internal staff to parents or providers requesting additional information needed for approval of bureau services. Records information from voice mail to standard message format.
- Performs other clerical support tasks (e.g., collates & mails Letter of Authorization & renewal packets to families &/or providers).
- As assigned, travels to trainings and meetings. Serves as a member of a business team, incident response team, public health response team which may include operations on a 24/7 basis of remote locations
Unusual Working Conditions:
- Call center environment, with an average of 50 calls per day..
3 mos. trg. or 3 mos. exp. in office practices & procedures
1 course or 3 mos. exp. in public relations or customer service to include techniques for dealing with difficult people
1 course or 3 mos. exp. in typing, keyboarding, data entry or word processing
1 course or 3 mos. exp. in operation of personal computer.
- Or equivalent of Minimum Qualifications for Employment noted above.
Knowledge of: (11a) Public Relations, (11b) Human Relations, (13a) Office Practices & Procedures (SPECIFY), (13b)* Agency Policies & Procedures (e.g., ODH, bureau rules & regulations relating to certification surveys), (14)* Government Structure & Procedures (e.g., federal regulations pertaining to nursing homes, RCFs, ICF/IIDs).
Skill in: (25b) Word Processing (e.g., software/databases [MS Word, Excel, Access Legacy 1032, Outlook, Aspen*, CALS* ACO*, FoxPro, Quattpro]), (29) Equipment Operations (e.g., switchboard, PC, telecommunications applications, printer, scanner, copier, mail machine).
Ability to: (30e) carry out instructions in written, oral or picture form, (30j) interpret variety of instructions in written, oral, picture or schedule form, (30l) define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions, (32j) copy material accurately & recognize grammatical & spelling errors, (32l) maintain accurate records, (32n) screen mail, (32s) proofread technical materials, recognize errors & make corrections, (33e) gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things, (34c) cooperate with co-workers on group projects, (34f) handle sensitive inquiries from & contacts with officials & general public.
(*) Developed after employment
EDUCATIONAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIREMENTS:
Official educational transcripts are required for all post-high school educational accomplishments, coursework or degrees claimed on the application. Applicants will be required to submit an official transcript prior to receiving a formal offer of employment. Failure to provide the transcript within five (5) working days of being requested will cause the applicant to be eliminated from further consideration.
Please note that a transcript is considered “official” only if it is an original copy from the educational institution and includes an institutional watermark, ink stamp or embossed stamp. Transcripts printed from the institution’s website will not be accepted. ODH reserves the right to assess the academic credibility of an educational entity’s award of a putative degree.STATUS OF POSTED POSITIONS:
You can check the status of your application online by signing into your profile. Jobs you applied for will be listed. The application status is shown to the right of the position title and application submission details.APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
All applicants must submit a completed Ohio Civil Service Application using the online Ohio Hiring Management System. Paper applications will not be considered. Applicants must clearly indicate how they meet the minimum qualifications and/or position specific minimum qualifications. Applicants are also encouraged to document any experience, education and/or training related to the job duties above. An assessment of these criteria may be conducted to determine the applicants who are interviewed.
The final candidate selected for this position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.