New job Custodian in Maryland
Company : J&J Worldwide Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Maryland
Position performs special cleaning projects as well as daily cleaning duties in accordance with AHE standard procedures of the Environmental Services (Housekeeping) Department and with government objectives.
- Cleans and disinfects rooms, restrooms, offices, and other common areas within the building environment to established standards.
- Collects and disposes regular trash and recycle materials.
- Replenishes, hand soap, hand sanitizers, other supplies as needed.
- Dust mops floors with microfiber using standard operating procedure.
- Wet mops floors with disinfectant using microfiber material following standard operating procedure.
- Handles various types of cleaning chemicals in compliance with applicable regulations and utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Dusts all horizontal and vertical surfaces, furniture, spot wash walls, clean and polish fixtures, air vents, handrails, blinds, windows and sills and other items as required.
- Performs other like duties as assigned.
- Reports any conditions requiring maintenance attention or repair to immediate supervisor.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Previous custodial experience in the government or hospitality industry preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend and follow detailed instructions in English
- Physical demands include continuous movement, including frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, and other use of hands; occasional light to moderate lifting up to 50 lbs. required.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals such as cleaning solutions
- Varying work shifts (day and evening)
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.