New job Construction Safety Manager - Burlington, KY in Kentucky
Construction Safety Manager - Burlington, KY
Company : Haztek Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kentucky
Candidates local to Burlington, KY will only be considered. This position does not pay travel, per diem or relocation.
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is growing and currently seeking outstanding performers to join our team.
HazTek was recently honored by Inc. Magazine — for the fifth time — as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2018, HazTek was recognized by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s Top 250 privately-held companies.
The key functions of the Safety Managers are to support specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Oversee all aspects of a commercial construction project ensuring OSHA compliance
- Worker safety training verifications
- Spot-checking contractor safety data, hours worked, and safety statistics
- Ensure applicable laws, regulations, and EHS requirements are communicated to project team members and contractors
- Identify conditions that have the potential to create harm to the environment and community
- Provide technical consulting for safety-related issues
- Evaluating written COVID-19 Control Programs, and the effectiveness of the site implementation of those program elements
- Coordinate incident investigations, documentation, reporting, and follow-up
- Conduct comprehensive on-site safety assessments and verifying effective corrective actions are being completed
- Monitoring contractor field activity to ensure compliance with OSHA and General Contractor's safety policies, procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements
- Evaluate high-hazard work permit processes and periodically monitoring implementation of hot work, excavation, confined space, etc.
Minimum 10 years of direct construction safety experience
- Management experience preferred
- OSHA 30 hour in Construction certification
- OSHA 510/500 a plus
- CHST or CSP helpful
- First Aid/CPR
- Advance knowledge of construction safety standards
- Experience developing a Site Specific Safety Plan
- Experience developing a Corporate Health and Safety Plan
- Must have experience in teaching Fall Protection, Scaffolding, Steel Erection, and Excavation classes
Experience preferred in the following areas:
- Contractor Safety Oversight
Integrity | Compassion | Dependability | Support | Accountability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.