New job COMMUNITY OUTREACH SPECIALIST in Wisconsin
COMMUNITY OUTREACH SPECIALIST
Company : Social Development Commission
Salary : $17 an hour
Location : Wisconsin
SDC does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Job Purpose: Responsible for building community alliances, assisting customers and staff with addressing and resolving immediate needs and positive outcomes; will work with staff to connect customers to available resources and services internally and in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Organize, attend and present at business, community, and neighborhood group meetings regarding the role SDC, its impacts authority, activities and projects.
- Organize and participate at community outreach activities to educate the broader community about the role of SDC.
- Seek out and contact local organizations for resource information to provide customers; maintain contact lists what is the candidate responsible for .
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops as required.
- Work with individuals, families, and groups to provide outreach in the community.
- Enter data related to community outreach activity in program database, and utilize various computer programs to access client data.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to CR-SDC rules and regulations. Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Maintain relationships with community based organizations, funders, state and county agencies.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports as assigned.
- Assist with organizing community based organizations meetings. Assist in organizing on-site recruitments, job fairs, community fairs and special events.
- Connect families to need resources and public benefits. Act as a liaison between the agency and customers to help resolve short term needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to relate well to people of various ages and from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license with acceptable driving record, use of an automobile and current auto insurance. SDC’s insurance company requires that any employee who drives a personal vehicle for agency business must carry personal liability insurance of at least $100,000 liability for bodily injury for one person, $300,000 maximum liability for all injuries in one accident and $100,000 property damage liability for one accident. Proof of this must be supplied on first day of employment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, funders, partners, government officials and the general public.
- Computer and data entry skills including spreadsheets and automated data systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of written or verbal information.
- Ability to work in a fast paced diverse environment and to find the resources to assist the customer.
- Functionally Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Associate's degree in human service, communications or related field.
- 2 years of experience in community outreach within community-based agency.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works regularly in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. They are not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Location: 1730 West North Avenue,USA,Milwaukee,WI,53205, Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour