New job Carrier Sales Representative - Chattanooga, TN in Tennessee
Carrier Sales Representative - Chattanooga, TN
Company : BlueGrace Logistics
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Tennessee
This role is responsible for providing operational coverage for customer commitments across all BlueGrace sales channels.
#1 BE CARING OF ALL OTHERS
We value your dreams and believe in paying it forward.
- 5-time winner of the Business Journal “Best Places to Work” Award
- 2-time winner of the Tiny Pulse “Happiest Company” Award
- Regular contributor to Metropolitan Ministries, Humane Society, and charities nationwide
- Learn more about our culture on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter – Follow @CultureBG
Life is already complicated-why not keep it simple?
BlueGrace Facts & Figures
- BlueGrace is one of the fastest growing transportation management services in the US
- Founded with 24 employees in Riverview, Florida, now have over 500 nationwide
- Featured on the Inc. 500 since 2012, as one of the fastest growing companies in America
- Backed by a $255 million private equity investment by Warburg Pincus
- Serving over 10,000 satisfied customers
#3 PURSUE OUTRAGEOUS GOALS
It’s not in our DNA to settle for average or to come in second place.
- Call TL carrier providers to fulfill commitments made to customers
- Negotiate rates
- Document and communicate offers
- Book loads
- Use discretion to determine when to bring options above the notated Carrier Buy Rates to service our existing clients
- Communicate and act on potential service failures or critical delays
- Obtain proper paperwork where applicable
- Develop and manage carrier portfolio of “owned carriers”
- Selection of carriers is determined by the Carrier Rep under company ownership guidelines
- Follow proper carrier qualification processes
- Generate carrier capacity for targeted lanes from BG’s internally built database, as well as other outside sources the Carrier Rep has access to.
- High volume lanes
- Customer commitments and future opportunities
- Problem lanes
- Niche markets
- Push new carrier set-ups via RMIS
- Identify and channel market and capacity trends when applicable
- Assist in developing and updating regional pricing
- Resolve carrier conflict, which include negotiating accessorial charges that occur in-transit
#4 EMBRACE CHAOS
Chaos will happen in life. It’s where all the good stories originate.
- Must be highly self-motivated, sales-minded and tenacious
- Possess strong phone and communication skills
- Operate with a sense of urgency to fulfill customer commitments and problem solving
- Display an ability to facilitate and help make business decisions based on market conditions to service customer commitments
#5 BE HAPPY, HUMBLE AND HAVE FUN
Choose a workplace that values your happiness, health and wants you to succeed.
- Option to purchase additional health/dental/life/disability/vision insurance
- Annual vacation days and paid holidays
- Uncapped commission/bonus potential