New job Archivist 1 in Pennsylvania
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $45,184 - $68,695 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania State Archives is looking for a person that is passionate about records and archiving. If you have an attention for detail, this is the job for you! Together we can embark on the transition from the old way of archiving to the new!
The Archivist assists in accessioning, inventorying, appraising, arranging, indexing, describing, and preserving manuscripts from private individuals and institutions as well as public records from state agencies and units of local government within the commonwealth. This position involves
conducting research and preparing responses to inquiries from the general public and professional researchers and assisting the public in locating source or informational materials, which may include retrieving them from the State Archives.
The Archivist also assists in accessioning, inventorying, appraising, arranging, and describing manuscripts and public records from state agencies and units of local government within the commonwealth and from private individuals and institutions who are offering their collections to the Commission.
Full-time employment - work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch period
- Occasional Saturday hours may be required
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements - A master's degree in archival science, history, library information science, or information science that includes six credits in archival science.
- PA residency currently waived for this title
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans' Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
We understand that there is more to life than work – and we want you to enjoy it!
For most positions, we offer paid vacation days, paid sick days, military leave, as well as paid time off for most major U.S. holidays. Alternate work schedules are available for certain positions.
We want to help you grow and see your goals become a reality! Supervisors and human resource staff are available to help employees create a plan to develop skills for their current jobs or prepare for the next step in their careers. Employees can easily transfer between positions or agencies to expand knowledge and pursue new challenges while retaining leave and benefits. Additionally, there are a variety of programs available to help get you where you need to be.
Commonwealth employees enjoy many other rewards, including opportunities for recognition, workplace charitable giving, and even special employee-only discounts.
For more information about benefits, health and wellness, work-life balance, career development, and other rewards go to www.employment.pa.gov and click on the benefits box.
- Eligibility rules apply.