New job Administrative Assistant in Maryland
Company : Prince George's County Memorial Library System
Salary : $50,185 a year
Location : Maryland
Opportunity Statement: You are invited to play an essential role in advancing the community through support of the Communication and Outreach Division’s work in engagement, communications, inclusive programs, and outreach. This is an opportunity for a creative individual with strong attention to detail to affect positive change in the community.
Job Summary: Provide a wide range of confidential administrative support for the COO for Communication and Outreach and Communication and Outreach (CO) Division, which facilitates the Library’s engagement with the community through communications, marketing, programs, outreach, digital services, intercultural services, fundraising, and government relations. The Administrative Assistant will be fluent in English and Spanish and have strong written and oral communication skills in both languages. The Administrative Assistant will be an integral member of a team that helps facilitate the Library’s evolving services to the public by working directly with partners and supporting PGCMLS branch staff.
- Provide confidential administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer for Communication and Outreach.
- Serve as the first point of contact (phone and written) for a high volume of inquiries from media, government agencies, staff, partner organizations, and members of the public.
- Manage a busy and complex calendar and provide comprehensive support for internal and external meetings, events staffed by senior executives, and media appearances.
- Assist the COO for Communication and Outreach and department heads with internal and external communications (including performance management documentation, reports for stakeholders, daily correspondence, responding to invitations, and scheduling).
- Coordinate content submissions to the staff intranet (Connect) on behalf of the COO for Communication and Outreach and CO department heads.
- Coordinate work orders, service repairs, replacement (of supplies/materials), and inspections.
- Process financial documentation on behalf of the COO for Communication and Outreach, to include creating, submitting, and tracking E-Requisitions and payment requests, the COO’s p-card statements, reimbursements, grant reporting, and procurement.
- General office management for the CO Division, including managing supplies requests, assisting department heads with technology requests, and more.
- Assist with administrative functions of the CO Division, including but not limited to generating draft communications in English and Spanish, preparing meeting minutes, coordinating division meetings, scheduling social media posts, routing publications for editing and approval, publishing media (videos, etc.) on external platforms, managing signature requests, and liaising with key partner organizations.
- Assist the COO for Communication and Outreach with web and digital platform content audits and updates.
- Train new division staff on basic procedures and processes as needed.
- Staff occasional evening and weekend programs and outreach events with the COO for Communication and Outreach and on behalf of the CO Division (maximum 4 per month).
- Participate in select system wide planning teams and committees.
- Adhere to current library policies, procedures, and the union contract.
- Attend meetings, training, and workshops as assigned.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Prince George’s County Memorial Library System’s practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to act as a representative of Prince George’s County Memorial Library System and the COO for Communication and Outreach to the public.
- Strong written and oral communication and customer service skills.
- A high level of professionalism and reliability, with an understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize work and remain highly organized, especially given competing priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Ability to bring their authentic selves to work and contribute to a diverse and positive work culture.
- Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, and with senior executives.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems including hardware and software, such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Trello, electronic databases, e-mail, smartphones and tablets, and internet navigation in addition to other office equipment and security systems.
- Ability to conduct professional research.
- Associate degree or higher, preferred.
- Three to five years of providing administrative support at the executive level, preferred.
- Experience working in a library, museum, non-profit, or marketing/communications setting, preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, required.
- Work is conducted in a normal office setting which provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
- Occasional light lifting (up to 20 pounds) may be required.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions.