New job Administrative Assistant in Illinois
Company : Argonne National Laboratory
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Illinois
Our Quality Assurance & Service Division is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join their team. This role is responsible for performing a variety of administrative activities and tasks. Assignments may include researching, compiling, tracking, and analyzing data and information from multiple sources. Organizing, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and coordinating calendars. Along with preparing travel arrangements, preparing correspondence and reports, purchasing supplies, filing, coordinating procurement packages. This role utilizes various types of software to compile and generate reports, spreadsheets, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence, and presentations. This role may also recommend processes to enhance workflow and provide data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures.
- Experience with scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, coordinating onsite visits, and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Maintenance of computer and manual filing systems in alignment with QAS records retention schedules.
- Organizational skills and setting priorities and handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with compiling data for various reports, composing correspondence, and proofreading and editing.
- Experience using personal computers, office machines, and other office equipment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite of programs and ability to learn Laboratory business systems.
- Skill is required to schedule office activities, take accurate meeting minutes, handle difficult situations, and confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Skill in oral and written communication and interpersonal skills when interacting and communicating with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Basic mathematical skills are required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school and 4+ years of related experience, or equivalent
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.