New job Administrative Assistant in New Jersey
Company : Princeton University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Jersey
This position will directly support the EA in carrying out tasks for Princo’s President and Portfolio Strategist. The AA will execute processes that deliver world-class services and support to our Princo team. The role will engage across all functions of the firm, including special projects, recruiting, branding/ marketing, investment portfolio manager engagement, and administrative staff.
Princo is widely recognized as an innovative leader in the investment management industry. We manage the University’s $26 billion Endowment through a global network of over 65 top-tier investment firms which span seven asset class groups:
- Emerging Markets
- Developed International Equity
- Independent Return (certain Hedge Funds)
- Private Equity: Buyouts and Venture Capital
- Real Assets: Real Estate, Energy, and Timber
- Fixed Income and Cash
Princo is a small, flat organization that values open debate and independent thinking. The entire investment team, from Analysts to the Chief Investment Officer, works together on an open floor plan and makes investment decisions collaboratively. Each investment professional gains broad exposure to all asset classes, with a focus on one or two.
The combination of Princo’s distinctive investment philosophy and culture, and the perpetual nature of the Endowment, creates a compelling intellectual challenge. Princo has a long history of superior performance, with returns that have consistently placed in the top percentiles of institutional investors and have outperformed those of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway over the past 15 years.
- Execution and monitoring of the President’s and Marketable Managing Directors’ calendars, org agenda, technology requirements and systems’ access.
- Review of meeting and travel schedules -ensure that team travel is optimized and coordinated.
- Identification of calendar issues across the marketable team, coordination of reference calls, and assistance with document management
- Coordination with internal and external assistants to help manage Board activities [may include proofing/reviewing board materials, memos, and emails, as well as arranging for gifts and planning dinners]
- Coordination of Trustee and Cabinet meetings-Princo deliverables and mailings
- Attendance of internal meetings when appropriate.
- Awareness of news/social media that involves the University and/or Endowment or could impact the Endowment
- Facilitate relationships and communication within the University community and partner networks
Who we’re looking for:
- A generalist who loves learning new things and has a passion for finance, event management, and education.
- An administrator who is detailed oriented and can recognize and capitalize upon patterns of workflow as well as suggest improvements.
- An individual who is flexible and can function and manage effectively within a matrix reporting system.
- An individual who takes ownership and has the judgment to discern between quick, easy decisions and those that require input.
- An individual with high EQ. Much of our success is driven by the ability to assess, judge, and influence people.
- You are fascinated by the Endowment, its relationships and how the Endowment contributes to the University. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the financial world, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you’re laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done, and done well. You are deeply organized, detail oriented and reliable above all else.
- You’re a great teammate with no ego who is self-motivating and takes initiative. You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical. You’re a fantastic (and prolific) writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn. You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with the Princo Board, Trustees, Senior Administration, and Investment Managers.
- You are even keeled and can work calmly under pressure while still demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- If this sounds like you, and you have at least 3-5 years of working experience, we’d love to hear from you. We value resourcefulness, diversity, team play, excellence, and thoughtfulness.
- BA, or undergraduate equivalent and 3-5 years of work experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication (verbal and writing) skills
- Ability to interact and work effectively with diverse people of all groups and backgrounds, including Princo managers, outside vendors, and all Princo staff
- Ability to multi task and manage competing priorities that often may be sensitive and/or confidential
- Demonstrate excellent judgment
- Effective problem solving and research skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to take initiative, self-supervise and function autonomously
- Strategize, develop, manage large projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, dependable and self-aware
- Healthy sense of humor
To learn more about Princo, please see our website, http://princo.princeton.edu or contact us at PrincoHR@princeton.edu.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW