New job Administrative Assistant II in North Dakota
Administrative Assistant II
Company : North Dakota State Government
Salary : $3,255 a month
Location : North Dakota
Construction Division, Bismarck, ND
If you are looking to make a difference and drive your success, you have come to the right place. North Dakota Department of Transportation’s mission is to safely move people and goods. We are looking for a candidate with a passion to help the citizens in our state. We offer rewarding work opportunities with a competitive employee benefits package including a fully paid family health insurance plan, paid leave, retirement plan options, flexible work schedules, infant at work program, tuition reimbursement and more!
NDDOT Starting Salary: $3,255 / month with up to a 5% increase after probation
This position may allow a hybrid work environment which allows some work from home.
The candidate selected for this position may be eligible for relocation assistance.
Summary of Work
- Office Management for Construction Division
- Prepare, review, and distribute correspondence.
- Develop and maintain administrative office procedures manual.
- Schedule meetings and maintain appointment calendars
- Prepare requisitions for office supplies and engineering equipment.
- Coordinate and review employee travel and expenses.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate temporary office support staff.
- Office Receptionist
- Open and distribute mail.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Resource person to ensure that agencies, contractors, and general public inquiries are answered or directed to appropriate individual or agency.
- Contract and Bid Opening Support
- Prepare, file, and distribute associated documents.
- Maintain mailing lists and disseminate information.
- Provide support for construction bid openings.
- Provide information to contractors, suppliers, and general public with highway construction projects and the NDDOT’s bidding requirements.
- Records Management Coordinator
- Manage records and maintain files.
- Input, index and/or maintain records in FileNet and other databases.
- Keep up to date in records management and train office staff.
- Requires an associate degree with major coursework in office support or business or office education and two years of experience performing a variety of complex office support, clerical or secretarial work.
- Additional work experience as described may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Employment of the selected candidate will be contingent on satisfactorily completing the interview process, reference and background checks.
Submit an application at www.nd.gov/careers by 11:59 P.M. CST on the closing date. Application materials, including resume, cover letter, and transcript, must clearly explain how experience and education relate to the minimum qualifications and job duties.* Applicants who experience difficulties during the application process should contact email@example.com or 701.328.3290.
- Candidates will be scored on a 100-point candidate questionnaire to be considered for interviews. Application materials, including resumes and attachments, are not considered in the 100-point candidate questionnaire. Applicants must provide detail in their responses to the questionnaire.
For more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or selection process, contact Denise Osmond, Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701.328.4358. Learn more about NDDOT at https://www.dot.nd.gov/.
TTY users may use Relay North Dakota at 711 or 1-800-366-6888.
NDDOT does not provide sponsorships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.