New job Accountant 1 (Local Government) Beaver County MH/ID in Pennsylvania
Accountant 1 (Local Government) Beaver County MH/ID
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Salary : $42,752 - $63,983 a year
Location : Pennsylvania
If you are looking for a fiscal position to utilize your accounting skills this may be the job for you.
Maintains Chart of Accounts to ensure proper tracking of expenses. Supervises postings related to state and federal grant activities in order to process invoices. Monitors and reviews deposits to ensure proper tracking. Participates in the supervision of data entry by fiscal assistants to proper expense accounts. Participates in the maintaining of General Ledger, bank account reconciliation and required reporting on a monthly basis.
- Work Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday; one-hour lunch
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year of professional accounting experience and graduation from a four year college or university, including or supplemented by 15 credits in accounting; OR one year as a Fiscal Technician and 15 college credits in accounting; OR five years of bookkeeping experience; and 15 college credits in accounting.
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Beaver County. If no eligible candidates who live within Beaver County apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- This posting requires submission of a copy of your college transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may upload your document as an attachment during the application process. You must still complete the application and answer the supplemental questions. All documents MUST be uploaded prior to the submission of your application.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require a medical examination and a drug screening.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.