New job 1st Shift Warehouse in Alabama
1st Shift Warehouse
Company : T. Marzetti Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alabama
Position Summary: Receives, ships, transfers and stores raw materials, packaging materials and finished products in a safe and organized manner. Maintains the quality of perishable items and inventories all warehoused goods. Supplies packaging and processing areas with supplies as needed to ensure continuous production. Maintains cleanliness of all areas of the warehouse to inspection ready at all times. Also, may be required to perform other duties.Responsibilities:
- Inspects, safely operates, and maintains powered & non-powered lifting equipment
- Ensures receipt of raw materials, packaging materials and finished goods.
- Replenishes supplies, raw materials and packaging to production areas as needed.
- Loads shipments ensuring all food safety requirements have been met.
- Unloads inbounds ensuring all food safety requirements have been met.
- Unloads bulk inbounds ensuring all food safety requirements have been met.
- Warehouses raw materials, packaging and finished goods safely in designated areas.
- Properly scans raw materials, finished goods &packaging to correct locations.
- Legibly records all scans on written warehouse forms.
- Inspects finished goods for correct and/or missing lot code and count before warehousing.
- Shrink wraps finished product according to specifications
- Generates shipping labels, scans it into the system and applies to wrapped finished product.
- Reconcile production by comparing production scans to packaging counts per every skid of finished product produced.
- Rotates raw and packaging materials upon receipt and when returning to storage for later use.
- Ensures all packaging, raw materials and finished goods are properly labeled.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, food and equipment safety, and productivity.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety and HAACP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Properly and legibly signs in/signs out carriers for loading & unloading; completing all necessary paperwork.
- Assist warehouse management with daily, monthly, quarterly and year end inventories.
- Must be able to successfully obtain industrial truck operating certification.
- Communicate effectively – verbally & in writing – to employees & Management
- Basic mechanical aptitude, computer use knowledge and good math skills are required.
- 1-2 years experience in operating hi-lo, fork truck, power jack and shrink wrap equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work in temperatures as low as -5 degrees.
Works in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, read, sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, grasp, climb and bend while working in a fast-paced production environment. Must be able to push/pull 150 pounds short distances. May be required to work overtime and/or weekends as needed. The employee is regularly exposed to heat, fumes, odors, dust, oil, slippery floors, moving parts/equipment and non-toxic industrial waste and scrap. The noise level in the plant is loud. Earplugs, safety glasses and hairnets, beardnets (if facial hair exists) and steel-toed / slip-resistant shoes are required in the plant in accordance with company GMP and safety standards.