New job UC Compliance Specialist in Texas
UC Compliance Specialist
Company : Chicanos Por La Causa Inc
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Texas
UC Compliance Specialist positions are collectively responsible for all investigations, quality improvement audits and trainings within a youth facility. This position will be assigned a primary compliance role with functions centered in investigations, training and/or QI/Audit, but will be cross-trained to complete all aspects of these areas and perform compliance duties as assigned. The primary focus of the UC Compliance Specialist position is the safety of the children served. UC Compliance Specialists will investigate all reported concerns and report findings to the UC Compliance Manager. Additionally, the incumbent will proactively examine, evaluate, and investigate conformity with rules, regulations, laws and governing contract agreements on an ongoing basis to ensure the program remains compliant. Duties for this position will also include planning, analyzing, and providing training and staff development as well as performing internal on-site audits and monitoring reviews. This position will gather information on compliance and liability issues and evaluate document, and record all information pertaining to compliance. Incumbent ensures all information is recorded and reported to the UC Compliance Manager on a daily basis.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but will work collaboratively with CPLC Leadership, team members, and business units within CPLC Corporate Services.
A wide degree of adaptability, and knowledge is required to meet the challenges faced by this position. Extensive experience with non-profit grants, contracts, policies and regulations is necessary to successfully complete the primary functions of this role. Sound judgment, a commitment to compliance and confidentiality, superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, and attention to detail are essential functions of this position.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities to ensure compliance with ethical or regulatory standards.
- Conduct investigations of reported compliance issues. Obtain facts or statements from complainants, witnesses, and other persons to effectively evaluate compliance concerns. Record progress of investigations, maintain informational files, and prepare reports that detail investigation findings in order to resolve allegations regarding resolution of allegations.
- Elevate all incidents to UC Compliance Managers for timely external reporting.
4. Develop, plan and conduct continuous compliance trainings, staff development programs and youth trainings based on program policies and laws and regulations of contractual agreements. Conduct opinion surveys or needs assessments in order to evaluate training programs, instructors, or materials.
5. Conducts internal monitoring and compiles data. Verifies and analyzes information or data and creates continuous metrics reports.
6. Oversees and conducts desk and on site audit reviews ensuring all employees are informed of and following compliance systems, policies, and practices.
7. Prepare written reports of investigation findings, trainings, audits, and emerging compliance issues to director, prime contractor, CPLC leadership and appropriate authorities as outlined in program policies.
8. Ensures expenditures do not exceed allocated budget; tracks expenditures to ensure they remain within established guidelines.
9. Maintains record-keeping systems relating to assigned duties.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public/Safety Administration, or a related area, plus two (2) years of experience in compliance, program monitoring, QI, investigations, research, audit or other applicable role within a business environment. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered to meet the qualifications of this position. Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations, and agency rules is helpful. Candidate must have the ability to pass an FBI background check. Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
The candidate will acquire and maintain working knowledge of both regulatory and operational practices of assigned area and develop appropriate monitoring, investigation and reporting methods specifically related to the program. Critical thinking, Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions and conclusions or approaches to problems are a critical aspect of this position. In addition, proficiency of computer fundamentals and business software is required, Office 365 preferred. The candidate must have the ability to research and acquire information to ensure practices are current.
Office Position: This position is both a mobile and a sedentary position with periods of light physical activity, and is performed mostly in office surroundings. Positions typical in nature require regular walking or standing; sitting, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds; climbing stairs, bending, reaching, holding, grasping and turning objects; and using fingers to operate computer keyboards. This position will require the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.
Travel: Local, interstate and intrastate travel to Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, may be necessary to successfully fulfill the duties of this position. Candidate must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and auto insurance. Technology will be utilized to minimize travel whenever feasible. The travel requirements for this position are anticipated to be 25 to 35 percent assignment depending. Overnight travel must be approved in advance by the Department VP.
Telecommute: Position may have the option to partially telecommute with prior approval from the Department VP. Telecommuting is not guaranteed and subject to job need and/or job performance.
Continuous Learning: All certifications related to the position at hire, or obtained while employed by CPLC, must be maintained. Candidate will be expected to participate in continuous learning opportunities to maintain competency and enhance skillset. Learning opportunities must be approved by Department VP.