New job SUPPLY TECHNICIAN in Nevada
Company : US Department of the Army
Salary : $43,683 - $56,790 a year
Location : Nevada
This position is for a SUPPLY TECHNICIAN, PD# D0915000, part of the Nevada Army National Guard. Provides services in support of inventory control, storage and distribution, cataloging or supply identification systems, property utilization, or other related supply activities including those associated with automated or manual supply accounting systems. Manages aviation materials and resource tracking, Test Measurement & Diagnostic Equipment/tools management, and Hazardous Material Management.
- Responsible for all phases of DLR and CLIX repair/repairable items procurement and returns program. Forecasts, justifies, prepares, submits, and administers the annual DLR budget request. Responsible to acquire needed DLR and CLIX repair parts. Verifies availability and orders DLR parts as needed. Determines proper fund coding, prepares requisitions and forwards to source of supply. Insures part availability, receives part, stores, prepares Material Release Order (MRO), and forwards part to maintenance shops. Recovers damaged/unserviceable part, initiates turn-in procedure, prepares for shipment, packages and ships to depot, Aviation Classification Repair Army Depot (AVCRAD), or other appropriate activity. Maintains Document Control Register and ship-out log. Verifies that appropriate activity has received returned part. Reviews budget reports to insure returned funds are properly credited to DLR account. Incumbent establishes coordination and networking with other civilian and military agencies, for the purpose of acquiring required items and supplies. Those agencies include AVCRAD, Aviation Missile Command (AMCOM), Item Managers, civilian contract vendors, etc.
- Assists/performs the Property Book operations in the area of inventory and storage management, and equipment coordination. Ensures the property book sections periodically perform a visual inventory of all items. Maintains property book accountability utilizing an automated or manual supply accounting system. Establishes hand receipt files and maintains accountability by the use of hand receipt listings. Assures that all authorized property is on hand or has been requisitioned. Coordinates the assignment and transfer of inventory. Schedules, directs and conducts periodic inspections, to insure stock items are serviceable, properly stored, accounted for and maintained.
- Analyzes supply transactions or provides customer service for urgent critical shortage items and items requiring special handling when established procedures are not applicable. Codes and classifies requisitions, shipping orders, and other documents; extracts requests to other sources of supply or refers them to inventory control point when stock is unavailable or cannot be shipped.
- Within funding limitations determines stock replenishment levels for centrally controlled items. Assures that supplies and monies are not wasted through excess accumulation.
- Establishes procedures for management of calibration, testing of TMDE, and monitors tool room operations, to include accounting for, issuing and replacing tools.
- May oversee subordinates, when organization and workload does not support a full time supervisor, that are performing material and resource tracking (i.e., DLR, CLIX, and related budgets), special TDME/tool transactions and hazardous material accountability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
2005 Supply Clerical And Technician
Conditions of EmploymentMILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. In compliance with Title 32 United States Code, the compatible military skill set is determined by the applicable service manpower requirements. Upon selection, individuals are assigned to the authorized position and its compatible military skill in accordance with Army skill classification directives, statutes, and National Guard Bureau regulations. The Dual Status technician must obtain and maintain all military skill requirements in regard to training, education, certifications, and experience. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Compatible Military Assignment:
ENLISTED: E2 to E6
Compatible MOS: 92A or 92Y
*Other Requirements & Conditions of Employment:
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must maintain local network access IAW AR 25-2.
- Wear the uniform appropriate for the members' grade and component of the armed forces, maintaining standards of conduct and appearance.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license.
QualificationsIn order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Education requirement is based upon the qualification standards for the specific position and is stated under the heading "EDUCATION". Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific in describing your experience. EACH APPLICANT MUST FULLY SUBSTANTIATE (IN THEIR OWN WORDS) THAT THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE LISTED BELOW; OTHERWISE, THE APPLICANT WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION. DO NOT COPY FROM THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION OR YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates a thorough knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. Experience conducting extensive searches for required information; reconstructing records for complex supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, or parts. Experience performing routine aspects of supply work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
There is no specific education requirement for this position. The applicant's record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Training/Educational claims. To receive credit for Training/Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Training/Education requirements for this position.
- If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
- No PCS funds are available.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Applicants who feel they have restoration rights to this position should contact the HRO.
- Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: In accordance with the State Merit Placement Plan, candidates will be considered in order of their area of consideration category as appropriate.
TERM POSITIONS: "Temporary-Not to Exceed" (TEMP) and "Temporary-Indefinite" (INDEFINITE) are considered to be TERM positions and are limited in duration to 4 years maximum. Employees reaching maximum TERM appointment limit of 4 years may be terminated.
CONVERSION OF TERM (TEMPORARY/INDEFINITE) POSITIONS: Positions advertised as TEMP or INDEFINITE may be non-competitively converted to permanent without competition at a future date contingent upon available funding.
PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): PCS funding is NOT authorized. If you do not reside in the location of the position, you will be required to relocate at your own expense.
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE: Recruitment or Relocation incentives have not been approved and are NOT authorized.
SELECTED RESERVE INCENTIVE PROGRAM: Acceptance of this position will cause termination of Federal bonuses pursuant to respective Selected Reserve Incentive Programs (SRIP). This termination may be with or without recoupment of payments already made.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies related to the job requirements:
Knowledge of requisitions, supporting documents and reference material to perform material coordination storage management responsibility for special programs, maintenance, and production shops.
Knowledge of established supply regulations, policies, procedures, and other instructions applicable to the specific assignment.
Knowledge to conduct extensive and exhaustive searches for required information in order to reconstruct records for complex supply transactions.
Knowledge and ability to perform routine aspects of supply specialist work based on practical knowledge of standard procedure.
If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
The following documents are required and must be received by the closing date of this announcement:
1. Your resume: Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement. Copying and pasting position descriptions into a resume is not acceptable. In describing your experience, please be clear and concise, we will not make assumptions regarding your experience. If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy. NOTE: Copying directly from the vacancy announcement or position description may result in disqualification.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
3. A current PQR (Personnel Qualification Record) - uploaded to the required "OTHER VETERAN'S DOCUMENT" area of the online application manager. PQR must be no more than 90 days old at the time of application. An ORB/ERB is acceptable in the absence of a PQR. Air Force personnel submit current Record of Individual Person (RIP).
4. SF-181 (Ethnicity and Race Identification) - uploaded to the required "OTHER" area of the online application manager.
- You will find the SF-181 at this link: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf181.pdf
- Documents NOT accepted: photographs, copies of position descriptions, performance ratings, awards and letters of appreciation.
- Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- If multiple copies of the same document are uploaded and submitted with your application, only the last copy of the document uploaded will be considered when determining your eligibility and qualifications. For example, if you upload two or more resumes only the last resume uploaded and submitted will be considered.
- Applicants CANNOT be contacted for any required documents listed above. Applicants who submit INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS will receive a rating of INELIGIBLE. Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, erroneous fax transmissions, etc.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new windowLearn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Clarification from the agency
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO CURRENT NEVADA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERS ONLY