New job Senior Secretary in South Dakota
Company : South Dakota State Government
Salary : $15.19 an hour
Location : South Dakota
PLEASE ATTACH THE ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS LISTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Job ID: 16192
This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The Department of Social Services strives to make a significant impact in the lives of the citizens of South Dakota. The Division of Child Support is looking to recruit a proficient and customer focused professional for the Modification of Child Support Orders Program. The primary duties associated with this position will include:
- review and verify Petitions for Modification are completed accurately and required documentation attached;
- review court order to determine if order is modifiable in accordance with laws and regulations;
- entering information into the Modification database;
- filing documents with Unified Judicial System;
- processing of Notice of Hearings, Referee Reports and court orders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Business English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- computer operation;
- filing systems and maintenance of office records;
- telephone etiquette;
- child support principals, concepts, and case management practices (preferred but not required).
- establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships;
- actively listen, elicit needed information, and communicate information effectively and accurately;
- effectively plan and organize work activities, adjust to multiple demands, and prioritize tasks to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- assume initiative with minimal supervision;
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- exercise tact, patience and discretion when dealing with others;
- maintain confidentiality;
- interpret court orders and other legal documents (preferred but not required).
To be considered, you must complete a DSS questionnaire, specific to this job, and attach it to your application.
- Adobe Reader is required. You can download the software for free from https://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- Click http://bhr.sd.gov/dss/QCSSeniorSecretary.pdf to access the questionnaire.
- Save or download the questionnaire to your computer. Do not complete the questionnaire online within your browser. You may lose entered information.
- Open the saved questionnaire and complete.
- Once complete, select File and then Save as. Save the questionnaire to include your last name in the file name. To ensure your information is saving, complete a small section, save as, and open.
- Attach the questionnaire to the attachments section of your application as the DSS Questionnaire document type.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
Successful applicant(s) will be required to undergo a background investigation. An arrest/conviction record will not necessarily bar employment.
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer"
Save To Job Cart