New job PROCESSING ASSISTANT in North Carolina
Company : Durham County
Salary : $30,915 - $34,000 a year
Location : North Carolina
Durham County Government employs approximately 1,900 employees that work towards providing needed services throughout the community. With a wide array of services, Durham County Government is at the heart of a rapidly growing and diverse area offering residents, employees and visitors exciting opportunities to live, work, grow and play. For more information about Durham County Government, visit www.dconc.gov.
Public Health Services
MAXIMUM HIRING SALARY:
The Processing Assistant provides administrative support to the Durham County Department of Public Health including registration, insurance eligibility, fee collection, encounter data entry, telephone management, processing and managing charts. All activities for receiving guests, collecting statistical and financial data, routing guests to providers, scheduling appointments and follow-up visits are handled by this position. The Processing Assistant also provides customer service and problem solving measures for guests as necessary.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Limited knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to arrange and place records, reports, files and other documents into a defined sequence.
- Ability to screen and refer communications using defined procedures.
- Ability to use a variety of standard office equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to learn the use of special office equipment.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
MINUMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Graduation from high school; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Bilingual in Spanish.
Durham County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer