New job Private Sector Engagement Team Lead in Georgia
Private Sector Engagement Team Lead
Company : IESC – the International Executive Service Corps
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Georgia
Title: Private Sector Engagement Team Lead
Program: USAID Industry-Led Skills Development (ILSD) Program
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Duration: 5 years
IESC is a US-based nonprofit that strives to create and expand economic opportunities. We believe that helping enterprises grow is the most sustainable way for communities to have access to jobs and for families and people to have opportunities for a better quality of life. We have helped businesses in a variety of sectors, including tourism, information technology, and agriculture to name a few, create or save more than 1.5 million jobs in 137 countries across the world.
IESC is implementing the United States Agency for International Development Industry-led Skills Development (ILSD) project in Georgia. The objective of the project is to develop industry-relevant human capacity that will contribute to high-value employment opportunities and increased economic competitiveness in Georgia. The project will achieve this by systematically engaging employers to equip Georgians with skills demanded in sectors with high growth potential and create direct linkages between training programs and employment opportunities. The project will prioritize interventions under three components:
Component 1: Incentivize private sector engagement in skills development;
Component 2: Establish skills training programs demanded by the private sector;
Component 3: Increase access to training opportunities for rural and priority populations.
The Private Sector Engagement Team Lead will work full-time and be based in Tbilisi. The Private Sector Engagement Team Lead will lead Component One activities intended to catalyze private sector-driven solutions through partnerships that form the basis of results across all areas of ILSD technical intervention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and execute successful strategies to incentivize private sector engagement in skills development through the design, finance, and delivery of workforce training that leads to innovative, successful and replicable models in Georgia;
- Build relationships and alliances with private sector partners across diverse sectors of the economy necessary to attract funding and in-kind resources for innovative training programs;
- Support community and stakeholder engagement to promote the ILSD mission and objectives;
- Serve on the Grants Evaluation Committee and plays a key role in identifying grantees;
- Supervise and mentor the Access and Inclusion Team Leader as well as an Innovation Manager;
- Ensure systems are established and maintained to consolidate learning, capture best practices, and help project grant recipients turn knowledge into replicable and scalable models for skills training delivery;
- Participate in regular meetings of senior management related to implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and grants administration;
- Contribute to ILSD deliverables and progress reports including the annual workplan and reports as assigned;
- Ensure that project outputs, outcomes, impact and success stories are documented and reported.
- A minimum of five years of experience working with the private sector in Georgia on skills development and workforce training;
- Demonstrated experience fostering innovation and public private partnerships for training program development;
- Experience designing, packaging and managing public-private partnerships and/or competitive grant programs, especially for skills training and youth entrepreneurship programming;
- Willingness and ability to travel across Georgia and regionally on an as needed basis;
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated experience working on government and or international donor funded workforce programs;
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred;
- Eligible to work and reside in the Republic of Georgia;
- Fluency in English and Georgian.
How to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted by IESC.
Deadline for submission is May 14, 2021.
IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in selection and employment practices.