New job Private Events Director in Washington
Private Events Director
Company : Columbia Tower Club
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Washington
The Private Events Director is responsible for the selling, planning, and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the Club. They prepare a quarterly game plan and are responsible for achieving their budgeted sales plan.
The Private Events Director fosters relationships with Members, individuals, and corporations who book events so as to maintain a catalog of repeat business while prospecting for new events.
Additionally, they will promote the Club locally via bridal shows and other public events, which heighten awareness within the community.
- Generating a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals
- Responsible for selling all private functions, including meeting with the clients to determine needs, meeting those needs, and exceeding their expectations through detailed communication
- Networking inside and outside the Club to obtain leads and build relationships with new and existing clients
- Provided accurate forecasting of private event sales to properly execute the Club's business plan
- Ensure all services administered to Club Members and their guests are consistent with expected level of service
- Attendance at all required Food and Beverage Meetings, Employee Partner Meetings, and Department Head Meetings scheduled both within the club and outside the club
- Work with the Executive Chef and Service Director to establish profitable and competitive private event menus that meet clients' needs
- Professional appearance maintained by self and all private event personnel
- Work closely with the Membership Department in obtaining information on new Members and their needs through New Member telephone calls
- Participate in New Member Connect and 12-month Retention Strategy programs
- Four years experience as a Catering/Private Events Director within fine dining or upscale private dining establishment
- Solid understanding of banquet revenue generation
- Proven track record of sales performance along with marketing/prospecting programs that drive event revenue
- Proven ability in leadership, communication, and negotiating skills
- Creative menu development skills
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Word, and Excel
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners, and guests.
(Internal candidates should be Private Events STAR and Bellnotes certified and/or Membership STAR and Bellnotes certified)