New job Pre-Construction Advisor in Washington
Company : bp
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Washington
Job Profile Summary
The Pre-Construction Manager is field-based, and is primarily responsible for managing the activities of 3rdparty Architects and Engineers assigned to CapExprojects. The Pre-Construction Advisor will assist the RE Manager in coordinating Due Diligence, scoping a project, selecting the A-E firm for assignment, managing the planning budget, expediting plan and permit approvals, facilitating approvals of the design documents within BP, working with Construction on value engineering the scope to fit the approved project budget. This role is also responsible for assisting with Construction Administration of bids, RFI’s, clarification of BP standards, and representing BP in design interpretation by government officials
- Manages A-E services for quality, budget, and schedule
- Surveys new site opportunities to Appraise the project feasibility, and coordinates due diligence performed by A-E services.
- Evaluates due diligence information related to scope and design, ieSIR and SRR
- Tracks the progress towards completion of design documents and intervenes when progress falls behind schedule
- Tracks progress of planning & zoning approvals, and facilitates decisions when local boards requires design modifications
- Coordinates value-engineering efforts between the Cost Engineer and Project Manager.
- Coordinates design reviews for approval by Design Manager and seeks deviations from Engineering Manager
- Conducts periodic site visits during construction to review progress, changes orders caused by plan changes, and assists with RFI’s
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree –Preference for Architectural, Civil, Engineering, or Construction Technology • Minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience within Retail Design and Construction.
- BP Technical Design Standards
- Uniform Building Codes, ADA Regs, AIA standards
Considering Joining bp?
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. bp is committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, excellent retirement benefits, and more!
Job Family Group
We’re gearing up for the future. At bp our goal for C&P is to deliver the future of mobility, energy and services for our customers by innovating with new business models and service platforms.
C&P will become a hub, housing our midstream, lubricants, aviation, sale of chemicals, mobility and convenience, marketing and our next-generation businesses, making it a highly integrated and interconnected organisation. And with safety being our core value, our commitment to safe and reliable operations will never change.
Want to join the team? This means:
- being customer-centric, agile and responsive to changing customer needs and dynamic markets
- focusing on growth and development of customer offers
- optimising the chemicals and fuels value chains to maximise integrated value
- contributing to the reduction of carbon intensity of the products we create, and sell, by 50% by 2050 or sooner
- creating strategic partnerships that drive long-term value for C&P
- being digitally enabled and empowered by customer insights and data to deliver solutions.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement