New job Payroll & Time Keeping Associate in Delaware
Payroll & Time Keeping Associate
Company : JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Delaware
Corporate Human Resources at JPMorgan Chase plays an integral role in designing, implementing, and managing global initiatives across the firm. The functional areas within Corporate HR include global Recruiting, Training, Talent and Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance and HR Service Delivery. Our Human Resource professionals within these areas are among the most talented and innovative in the industry. We take a proactive approach to identifying and proposing solutions to organizational challenges while working alongside business managers to attract, manage and retain high-potential talent. Through a focus on continuous improvement and long-term success, Corporate HR helps refine our corporate culture, define our firm wide vision and reinforce our reputation as a world-class employer.
Global Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) is a best-in-class, global HR Service Delivery organization of approximately 800 people, servicing the entire global population of JPMC, currently totaling over 250,000 employees worldwide, in 60 countries. Our efforts are focused on supporting the firm to achieve its strategic priorities by leveraging the following core principles: superior employee experience; operational excellence; efficient global coverage and commitment to our people.
The North America Payroll team services the U.S., Canada, and Bahamas with oversight for payroll processing, accounting, and taxation. North America Payroll operates within Human Resources Services Delivery and partners with Corporate Tax, Finance and other key organizations to execute and deliver payroll services to 170,000 employees. The North America Payroll Tax Associate will report to the Head of North America Payroll and will be responsible for overseeing tax, compliance and key operational processes.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure North America payroll tax processes are managed per defined internal and Federal/State agencies requirements and strengthen tax compliance partnering with various stakeholders.
- Execution of tax filing activities partnering with appropriate ADP and JPMC stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate tax processes controls including SOX and tax calculation review are in place and execution is timely and accurate
- Lead system testing for PeopleSoft tax patch updates and system enhancements for any payroll related regulatory changes. Responsible for review and approve of system setup change request, validation of setup and monitoring of accuracy partnering with ADP Technical Support, Payroll Operations, and HR Technology. Issue resolution and escalation management
- Support development of new, simplified and streamlined payroll and tax processes; create process maps, oversee development of standard operating procedures and associated procedures; develop user learning guides and training.
- Support HCM implementation project testing, conversion and escalation management
- Support HCM transition service readiness - team set up, training, documentation, etc.
- Partner with EY and JPMC stakeholder organizations (i.e. Corporate Tax, Executive Compensation, Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Accounts Payable) to identify and address employment tax-related issues
- Lead Merger and Acquisition (M&A) and Divestiture project activities to ensure all Payroll Tax deliverables are completed on time.
- Establish measurement, benchmarking and executive reporting of tax, testing, and compliance performance
- Tax audit: Lead, support or conduct proactive assessments and reviews and respond to legal enquiries and/or actions
- 3-5+ years of progressive employment tax compliance or operations experience with large organizations
- Knowledge and awareness of U.S. and Canada (is a plus) employment tax regulations and/or payroll tax policy, and able to effectively translate into operational delivery
- PeopleSoft experience a plus, strong PeopleSoft query, SQL and SQR knowledge and expertise
- Advanced Microsoft Suite experience (Word, Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of ADP Tax Service Operations and Applications
- Strong analytical and technical skills (Tax and Financial)
- Excellent organizational skills including managing members without authority
- Experience in process improvement, especially towards ensuring quality, control and compliance
- Experienced in identifying and mitigating operational risk through effective controls
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects through cross-functional teams; problem solver with strong project management skills; Cloud implementation experience is plus
- Outstanding work ethic with a high degree of confidentiality
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural and international environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship and consensus building skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization; effectively gains agreement and consensus for ideasJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans