New job Office Cashier in Arkansas
Company : Brookshire Grocery Company
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Arkansas
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Coordinates money flow in and out of store and processes customer transactions for products or services sold in office. Assists customers with locating products, conducting price verifications, and providing efficient check out services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes requests for Western Union, money orders, lottery tickets, coin redemptions, refunds, equipment rental, etc.
- Prepares cash/check deposits and maintains accurate store financial records and bank deposit logs.
- Checks cash register drawers for overages and shortages. Reports discrepancies to management to ensure proper actions are taken.
- Performs various store office activities such as ordering office supplies, assisting cashiers, and answering incoming telephone calls.
- Remains current on tender policies and procedures related to checks, credit, debit, coupons, EBT, WIC, AML, etc.
- Accesses or memorizes product codes and remains familiar with ad and special items.
- Maintains accurate money count in drawer by checking out groceries, providing change, and closing out drawer. Balances cash register drawers and safe funds.
- Accountable for adhering to all local, state, and federal laws regarding sales of restricted items such as tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis-based and pharmaceutical products.
- Provides friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering questions, and responding to customer complaints.
- Maintains clean, safe, and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of cash register.
- Basic mathematical and counting skills.
- Basic knowledge of tender policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and compliance of state laws regarding the sale of alcohol, tobacco, and lottery, as applicable.
- Basic knowledge of anti-money laundering and other government regulations related to monetary transactions.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with customers and partners.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to work well with fellow partners and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 16 years of age required.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) certification required.
- TABC/LACT certification required where applicable.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification required.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting and typing).
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Occasionally exposed to cleaning agents.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.