New job Linguistics Architect in Idaho
Company : Emsi
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Idaho
Emsi is a leader in global labor analytics, helping a wide variety of clientele from the Fortune 1000 to higher education institutions as well as city/state governments. We’ve built our company on the integrity of our data and the drive to be insatiably curious when it comes to solving our client’s talent issues. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about blessing the customer.
Emsi has been redefining the way the world thinks about work with our open source Skills and Titles projects. We are taking that beyond the US and have a need for someone to help us take these to languages and cultures everywhere. This person would be a critical role for scaling our lexical solutions globally.
This role will help design projects, recommend approaches, and implement solutions that expand Emsi’s linguistic capabilities to capture and interpret jobs data from around the world. Will work with a team of engineers, product specialists and translators to build solutions for quality assurance and broad coverage.
People who succeed in this position are...
- Intensely curious
- Incredibly detail oriented with a love for documentation
- Able to take charge of a task assigned to them with a good deal of autonomy
- Comfortable with working in rapid development cycles
In terms of technical ability, candidates must have…
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with language data and the ability to help create, audit, and improve lexical data.
Great candidates also have…
- NLP and/or machine translation experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Deep understanding of structural aspects of language
- A couple of years of experience in a related role
Emsi is an equal opportunity employer.