New job Knowledge Manager in Kansas
Company : Valiant Integrated Services
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Kansas
This position is a fulltime Exempt (salary) position, supporting the ARNG Mission Training Complexes and other DOD locations. The Knowledge Manager functions as the Team's SharePoint Administrator and Webmaster.
May support work originating in any/all of the following locations/regions:
- Camp Atterbury, IN
- Ft. Chaffee, AR
- Camp Dodge, IA
- Ft. Indiantown Gap, PA
- Gowen Field, ID
- Ft. Leavenworth, KS
- Responsible for organization and content management of the MCTSP Management Interface System (MIS) and SharePoint portals.
- Take lead to ensure information is effectively shared and collaborated to allow better decision-making among team members.
- Provide portal service management and front-end development.
- Design and develop custom site pages, lists, workflows and libraries.
- Assists in the implementation and enforcement of data · governance, information management, and security rules.
- Will have access to and regularly work with Government sensitive data and maybe asked to represent the Government at meetings and conferences.
- Interacts and effectively communicates with corporate and customer management to determine project scope, planning needs, and reporting requirements.
- Implements ISO quality standards.
- Analyzes progress and develop necessary recovery plans and/or alternatives.
- Ensures adherence to Company and Site Policies, Practices and Procedures appropriately using authority to conduct or recommend employee disciplinary actions accordingly.
- Safeguard and maintain Government furnished equipment, Contractor Acquired Property, materials, records, and facilities.
- Coordinate required safety information through direct coordination with government leadership.
- Ensure that Government and contract guidelines, regulations, policies, and standards are complied with.
- Provides direction, priorities, and guidance to the MIS Administrator.
- Provides direction, priorities, and guidance to the MIS Developer through Agile Project Management (DEVOPS).
- Plans, prepares, and executes Monthly KM Working Group meetings.
- Assists in the preparation and execution of MCTSP’s Monthly Professional Development Brown Bag Session.
- Provides Bi-Monthly KM input into the PM Synchronization Meeting.
- Serves as the Staff Proponent for:
- Organizing, recording and follow-up of actions taken by the Change Control Board.
- Organizing, recording and follow-up of actions taken by the Strategic Communications Board.
- Organizing, recording, and follow-up for changes to the Program Management Plan, KM Plan and other SOPs.
- Providing updates to the Doctrinal/Training/ProfDevHub through active participation and subscription to professional military journals/publications/directorates, as well as Knowledge Management newsletters and forums.
- Serving as the gate-keeper for the Event Status Matrix which allows permissions for various positions and roles within the Program for the MIS and SharePoint Sites.
- Providing KM and safety minute input to the monthly status report.
- Providing analysis, identification of trends, dissemination, and other assistance to the QA/QC Officer on Metrics obtained from findings within the Unit Commander Surveys.
Educational Equivalent: 5 years experience with HS Diploma, 3 years experience with AS/AA degree (Preferred).
Experience: 3 years experience working in the Microsoft SharePoint environment or similar web-based collaboration software tool(s). Must possess experience in designing and implementation of web design, collaboration tools and content management. Experience with MYSQL and MSSSQL. Experience with SQL Server and SharePoint Server. Strong experience in manipulating data, scrubbing data, and ensuring compliance.
Specific Knowledge & Skills Required: Ability to facilitate new processes and implement new formulas to help improve systems in place. Design, develop, test, implement and support database systems to support application development. Basic knowledge of management and development of databases and qualitative/quantitative research methods. Knowledge of Agile Project Management theory and application. Troubleshoot and resolve production database related issues in a timely fashion. Ability to create tables, indexes, keys, constraints, triggers, views, stored procedures and functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation, integration and consistency. Ability to effectively data model a complex domain. Strong logical, analytical, and follow-up skills; proactive and takes initiative.
Licenses/Certifications/Registrations, etc.: Must meet DOD 8570.01-M Baseline Computing Environment (CE) Certification Requirements Level II. Must meet all IA training and reporting requirements AR 25-2. Must possess a valid State Driver's License and maintain Post driving privileges.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance and meet other eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Communication Skills: Able to read, write and speak fluent English. Must be able to listen with comprehension to assist fellow associates with duties/requests. Must have excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian personnel.
Physical/Mental Abilities Required: Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time under stressful conditions. The highest level of confidentiality and loyalty is required.
Position: Office environment, occasionally outdoors. Occasional exposure to natural conditions existing at different location around the US.
Work Week: Monday-Friday (may vary based on mission requirements)
Work Hours: 0800 - 1700 (may vary based on mission requirements)
The following terms are used to describe the percent of time spent performing the physical factors below: occasionally (1%-33%); frequently (34%-66%); continuously (67%-100%).
Standing: occasionally Reaching: occasionally
Walking: occasionally Stretching: occasionally
Lifting: occasionally Pushing: occasionally
Moving: occasionally Pulling: occasionally
Bending: occasionally Climbing: occasionally
Stooping: occasionally Balancing: occasionally
Twisting: occasionally Kneeling: occasionally
Crouching: occasionally Sitting: occasionally
Common office equipment – Computer, fax machine, copier, multi-line telephone and motor vehicle.
Other Work-Related Duties:
The foregoing statement of qualification and representative work performed is only by way of illustration of the experience and ability required for the work and is not any limitation or description of the scope of the work assignments which may be required of this job.